• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense So I give a guy I know one of my Scorpions to try.

LOL, RS~

We just got back from town and did stop in to share the bounty. I took in a naga morich (from pepper ridge farm ). They raised a few eyebrows when I put on gloves to cut it up. One guy said "You're putting on gloves to cut that thing up and you want US to put that in our faces?" 3 of the 4 tried a piece. That first guy is familiar with hot peppers in general and he only took a tiny wedge. Kinda touched it to his tongue and then spit it out.

The other 2 ate a 1/4"-wide slice. Both just gave it a quick chew and then swallowed it and said, "Yep, that's pretty hot." That's all I got out of them, "that's pretty hot". blankety-blank macho dudes....

Of Course, that didn't stop them from scarffing up the ice cream bars I just happened to have. :lol:

Will do, Patrick.

And the heat just keeps spreading. Our neighbor was here a little bit ago and we got him to try a sliver. (If you've read my Grow Log, it's the neighbor that stole the peppers intended for the chiropractor.)

He gave the sliver a decent chew and then started making faces and ended up spitting it out. Had to give him sugar and water. After the guys left, Salsadude said he just about melted.

heeheehee...LOVE IT!

I have a big kite festival I am going to the third week of August. I wish my peppers would have done better, darn weather! I would have taken some Bhuts with me to see if any of my kiting buddies would have been up to trying them out. Lets see you fly that Rev so well when your mouth is on fire!
:mouthonfire:
rev_clockwork.gif
:hell:

You could always see if PRF would have some Nagas or Bhuts ready by then RS. I know it would cost you but I have to admit...the laughter I got out of watchi my co-workers eat and then flush red and begin to sweat was mre than worth the price for me! :hell: Just saying...I'm not a sadist...I just enjoy spreading the LOVE! :rofl:

Just think of it as helping them broaden their Life Experiences.

:rofl:

Just think of it as helping them broaden their Life Experiences.

:rofl:

i live in a building full of hipsters. my first three pods, are mine. they're going into something memorable.
after that, the next four, i'm taking downstairs as a peace-offering to the girl that keeps staring at me like i'm some kind of freak when i'm dealing with the stuff on the fire escape, and a gift to the dude that always says hi when im out there.

i may forget to tell hipster girl that they're hot. maybe i'll say they're mild. maybe i can have a laugh at her expense.
the dude is bound to do something even more stupid if i tell him they're hot; hence i will.

remember, this is new york. habs kill people over here. people often lack that heat-tolerant palate that's sort of mandatory if you live just a few states south (baltimore: crystal hot sauce made me).

You can always fall back on that age-old excuse..."wow, sorry, Miss, I didn't think it was THAT hot...my bad..." and giggle all the way home.....

and for dude, "hey, I ate one of these for breakfast, thought they were kinda good. Thought you might like to try one. They really aren't THAT hot...."

:halo:

Hahahahahaa I love it. "Not that hot to me". It is my favorite because no one can dispute perspective. My 11 year old son just experienced his first indigestion last night after chomping down a thick slice of Caribbean Red Hab (about 1/4). He now won't eat those or anything hotter without Gelusil next to him. I wish I had got his face on video. He is loving them more and more.

Charles set up the camera and a little basket on the step with "Free Peppers" on it. In the city you should get a few good adventurous people. Until they try one that is. Then just have a kid nearby sell water for $5 a glass.

sorry that is wrong...........

Hahahahahaa I love it. "Not that hot to me". It is my favorite because no one can dispute perspective. My 11 year old son just experienced his first indigestion last night after chomping down a thick slice of Caribbean Red Hab (about 1/4). He now won't eat those or anything hotter without Gelusil next to him. I wish I had got his face on video. He is loving them more and more.

Charles set up the camera and a little basket on the step with "Free Peppers" on it. In the city you should get a few good adventurous people. Until they try one that is. Then just have a kid nearby sell water for $5 a glass.

sorry that is wrong...........

WRONG???? No way thats awesome!! Just clever sales!!

My son often takes my peppers to work to spread the pain...ehh to share the wealth. One co worker asks him where he got the peppers. If he says my mom grew them, the guy won't touch them. Guess he's scared of my peppers. I would really love to see this sometime!

My son often takes my peppers to work to spread the pain...ehh to share the wealth. One co worker asks him where he got the peppers. If he says my mom grew them, the guy won't touch them. Guess he's scared of my peppers. I would really love to see this sometime!

Just pick one Jackie and edit it to say whatever. I am new to this site, so there may be a way to delete it but I would just edit one.

WRONG???? No way thats awesome!! Just clever sales!!

I take my 11-year old son to the farmers market to sell lemonade and I sell hot sauce at the same table. We're thinking of putting up a new sign-

"Lemonade before sampling hot sauce $1.00
Lemonade after sampling hot sauce $5.00"

:lol:

Back