1/4 cup Sherry
1 bay leaf
2 quarts seafood stock
1 quart heavy cream
2 Tbs crab boil
tarragon, Old bay seasoning to taste
Salsa Lady's worchestershire 8-10 drops
Tsp lemon juice

Melt a stick of butter over medium heat add the onion, carrot, celery, garlic, sea salt and cracked pepper, and bay leaf stir until translucent (8-10 mins) add the flour and continue stirring for another two minutes. Turn up heat to medium high and sherry and cook for 1 minute.  Add stock, crab boil, and heavy cream.  Heat to just below boiling point, turn down heat to low and add crab meat.  Add worchestershire, leomn juice, nutmeg, and old bay. Adjust seasonings to taste..

As this is a big batch, I like to play around with different peppers/sauces/powders for individual bowls.  I love aji lemon powder in this.  A little dash of Fatalii puree is pretty awesome too.  If you want to crank up the whole batch, add a superhot like a Jay's Peach Ghost pepper in the diced vegetable phase of the recipe.  Enoy!

Gout usually hits you in your thirties to early forties.  If you make it past there you probably won't get it.  I would say I got it first about ten years ago which would have made me 32-33 at the time.  It is a really awful things and I don't wish it on any of you.  Luckily I don't get it often.  Once every year or so.  Don't want to be a debbie downer.  That pasta was the bomb and I am still allowed to drink so I guess I will!  Cheers!

I hope it clears up soon.  I know it can be pretty painful.  My dad had gout before and he could barely walk.

The worst is over.  I was on crutches for three days last weekend.  Now it is just nagging and hanging on in my heels.  It should be gone any time.

Back