• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Some food I cooked (JayT's Flog)

I couldn't figure out where to post this stuff and didn't want to inundate The Drunken Chef, so I figured I would start my own thread for posting my foods, hot sauces and other creations.

100_1819.JPG

Teriyaki pork chops dusted with Cajun Island Blackening Spice

100_1821.JPG

100_1822.JPG

Pork quesadillas with three kinds of peppers cheddar jack cheese and Pex' HornetBomb sauce.

100_1824.JPG

100_1825.JPG

100_1826.JPG

100_1828.JPG

100_1829.JPG

100_1830.JPG

Yankee Enchiladas filled with, yep, more pork, tomatoes, onions, peppers, chiles, rice, and cheese.  Topped with Ranchero sauce, moar cheese, and black olives and baked.  Then topped again with sour cream and salsa verde.

JayT said:
Thanks Essegi, I prefer bbq to vegetables too. :lol:

Me too. I've got some BBQ coming up later this week myself. That reminds me, I need to make some buns tonight.

Jay T, are the scorpion pickles home made? Need a recipe if you have one. Sounds fantastic.

I wish I could say yes to the homemade pickles, but I cheated.  I took a jar of kosher dill pickle chips and added two scorpions sliced in half to it.  I let it sit for two weeks, shaking it every day.  Made for some good HOT pickles.

JayT said:
I wish I could say yes to the homemade pickles, but I cheated.  I took a jar of kosher dill pickle chips and added two scorpions sliced in half to it.  I let it sit for two weeks, shaking it every day.  Made for some good HOT pickles.

Sounds good and I have a bunch of Scorps in the freezer just looking for an excuse to use them. 1 scorp made some nice and hot picklese last year. two scorps should do nicely in a jar of pickle slices. Nice and warm.

Sorry man, didn't take pics. They weren't photo worthy. Gray and dull looking coming out of 3+ hours in the crockpot. Turns out they were done just right though. The potatoes could have cooked a little longer, but the onions were right. If I do that meal again, I will sear the chops first, and give the potatoes at least a blanch before putting them in. Lasagna is coming up soon.

Boli? Don't tell me you call pizza... 'za! Heard that once and laughed my ass off... "Let's get a slice of 'za." Hipsters.

Holy hell that stromboli looks good....do you use a regular old pizza crust recipe or something different?

You don't put cheese in yours Jay?

Yeah there is mozzarella on top of the meat, I let it cool too long before I cut it so there is no stringiness. Should have put it in the middle of the meat. The crust is regular pizza dough. Me, hipster... heh.

Jay, make your fame ass fis n ips or a T-bo stea.

T-bo T-bo T-bo!

Screw y'all.

I'd eat any 'thang that Jay cooks up.

The lasagna and the 'bollywood both look goodern' hell to me.

I've had the pleasure of gettin' down brown with the man's cookin' and even though I don't eat the stuff he eats if'n he cooked it up  and invited me over I'd Chairman Mao the hell out of it 'cuz I know it would be sheeit you don't wanna' pass up.

Dude knows his sheeit.

True story.

I made some smothered pork chops over wild rice tonight.  The chops were marinated in Chef Tim's Balsamic Dressing and Marinade, then seared in a screaming hot pan.  I took them out and added some olive oil, sliced onions, yellow and red bellpeppers, and the rest of the unused balsamic dressing.  I put he chops back in, put the lid on and turned it down to low until the chops were cooked through.  Unfortunately, they were a little more done than I hoped, but not too bad.  Also unfortunate is the fact that my best pic didn't save to the card.  I have the rice and the chop, and then the sliced open closeup, but not the plated pic with the peppers, onions, and sauce added.  Oh yeah, and for heat I used some of Joyner's Tri-Thai blend on mine.

100_0009.JPG

100_0010.JPG

The meat looks dry as hell but I'd eat it.

Love balsamic vin.

A little ramy of balsac reduction on the side would be killer with that.

I'd rather go over-done than underdone with pork, but that's just me. IF the chops were a bit dry, that healthy heaping of peppers and onions surely saved it.

Yeah, I said it was a little more done than I wanted, but the inside was still juicy.  I prefer it just past pink.

Back