• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Some good Super Hots?

I'm finally getting a chance to pick up some hot sauce soon, and I want to push my tongue to and past its limits with some super hots - but I don't want to torture it with bad flavor. :P So far I'm looking into:

-Black Mamba (Is this hotter than Wanza's Wicked?)
-Wanza's Wicked Temptation (^ Vice-versa)
-Jersey Death
-Mega Death
-Defcon 1 (This is a super-hot, am I right? I assume it would be...)

Are there any others I should try?

~Trexxen

Defcon1 is a wing sauce and a very good one at that. The super hot from Defon is 0 but you would have to buy the collector bottle (I believe) I havent tried the others you listed.

I don't know what to compare the heat of Defcon 1 to because as a wing sauce, Defcon has higher fat content which helps temper the heat. You won't be disappointed though.

The Defense Condition #1 is hot, quite hot. However, I am a firm believer in flavor as well. I could easily make the #1 hotter, but it wouldn't be very enjoyable. The ZERO on the other hand has virtually NO taste (or aftertaste) just heat.

I feel you there, Creator - sure, hot is good, but what's the point if there's no flavor? (*is looking forward to both Defcon 2 and Defcon 1*)

Well, except for when you bring it to (school/work/a party/any large group of suckers) and see who's got the cajones to try some - then flavor doesn't matter XD

Try DaBomb Final Answer AND Demon Ichor if you want hell.
Its the hottest I've EVER found for their price range. 1.5 and 2 million Scovilles.:hell::onfire::hell:

dude, Mega and Jersy Death are additives not sauces. I have tried (and love) Mega Death. the flavour is good, not like some of the burnt cat tasting sauces like Endorphin Rush, Mad Dog Inferno etc. Cajohns 10 is a very hot sauce which you might like. if you want flavour, try to steer away from extract based sauces, if you want sheer heat then extracts are the way to go.

another way to get a lot of heat is to find a sauce you like the taste of and then add pure chile powder to it though it will still change the flavour somewhat.

Well, I don't plan to take a swig of the JD! =P

Here's what I plan to use them for:

Defcon 1 - Three guesses. Rhymes with the second word of the common name for onions dipped in batter...>.>;

Mega Death - Additive for Ramen/other foods that I would put an additive in, showing idiots that they can't handle any hot sauce...

Jersey Death - One-Drop solution to my heat needs, same secondary use as MD

Skipping 10 and Wanza's Wicked, don't know if I'm going to be able to get those...but 10 sounds like a great tasting, great heat sauce, so we'll see...

Black Mamba - To find out how hot it really is, torture device for my more masochistic friends...>=D

~Trexxen

Actually, Jersey Death is pretty tasty (in a scorching, epithelial dysfuncion kind of way). Zero is an awesome additive. I put some in chicken marsala last weekend (still have a few drops left). Awesome meal, heat on the back of the throat (for some reason, the saute process in olive oil changes where you feel the heat) and it didn't kill the taste of the Schug 2005 Chardonnay we washed it down with.

shawntmartin said:
Try DaBomb Final Answer AND Demon Ichor if you want hell.
Its the hottest I've EVER found for their price range. 1.5 and 2 million Scovilles.:hell::):(

Yes, but you could simulate the taste of extract sauces by licking a dogs crotch...by the way, anyone see the commercial for "The Sara Silverman Show" where they show her tasting a dog's crotch after seeing the dog do it? Ugh...nasty!

Dogs crotch? Well, I'd agree if you are using Demon Ichor as the only flavor on a dry wing. That would be horrid. But we mix it with our favorite sports bar's wing sauce. A drop or two in a cup our favorite wing sauce and I've added all the heat in the world without changing the original flavor.

Trexxen said:
Mega Death - Additive for Ramen

heh i just did that for the first time last week. was good, but that liquid gets hot! :) i put about 5 or 6 drops in there and stirred it up pretty good. didn't seem to mix in as well as i had hoped, but after a fair amount of stirring you could see the broth go from a golden brown to a nice reddish color.

Heh, back when I had a low heat tolerance I used to make a batch of ramen that really lit me up using some commercially-available (well, it was, don't know if it is anymore...) dry spice and some garlic pepper/salt - it still tastes great, and Mega Death will bring back that tingle (heh, more like inferno) I love ^.^

~Trexxen

Trexxen said:
Well, I don't plan to take a swig of the JD! =P

Here's what I plan to use them for:

Defcon 1 - Three guesses. Rhymes with the second word of the common name for onions dipped in batter...>.>;

~Trexxen

Possum Wings :lol:

Back