food Some things I made (In the kitchen)

Not sure where to put a pictorial of some things I made, but here goes.

Grilled walleye on a bed of rice with some homemade salsa on top. I added some hot pepper, garlic, and oregano to the salsa and cooked it down. It turned out really nice. This year I will add lemon drop to the salsa and that should really do this dish up right.

SW-Walleye.jpg

This one is venison chili. Didn't go too crazy with this, used habanero orange peppers for my heat source.

DeerChiliCayenne.jpg

I took skinless chicken breasts and flattened them with my meat hammer. I then seasoned them with cayenne pepper. I slowly grilled them and when they were about halfway done, I started the pineapple grilling. When they were just about done, I covered them with brown sugar, topped them with pineapple and let me simmer on low until the sugar melted.

It was nice with a little nip to each sweet bite!! One of my own creations too. Got the idea from grilled ham steaks and eating Jalapeno/Pineapple/Sausage Pizza

cajunsweetchicken.jpg

WALLEYE!!!! I miss that fish soo much! I took a fishing trip to Canada with my dad and some friends a while back and we lived in cabins and caught our food. TONS of walleye. I dont eat much freshwater fish down here, just the saltwater stuff. Keep the pics a postin. I would stick the future stuff in the fiery food section though.

These are the hots I grew last year. It was a nice variety of heat for us mere mortals lol....Then I found this place. I think this summer is going to be filled with some nice flavors and some pain.....

Missing from their class photo were the super chili peppers...they are a problem child like that.

howspc.jpg

WALLEYE!!!! I miss that fish soo much! I took a fishing trip to Canada with my dad and some friends a while back and we lived in cabins and caught our food. TONS of walleye. I dont eat much freshwater fish down here, just the saltwater stuff. Keep the pics a postin. I would stick the future stuff in the fiery food section though.

If it didn't cost so much, I would ship you 10 pounds down, but with the warm spell I can't depend on it staying cold. 54 degrees here almost week 2 of January...is it time to till yet??

Cayenne Jelly

cayennejelly.jpg

Jalapeno Jelly

jalajelly.jpg

Garlic Dills with different kinds of hot peppers.

pickles.jpg

Sliced Serrano and Jalapenos pickled.

serrano-jalapeno.jpg

Grilled Pork Loin (over charcoal, never gas) and jalapeno jelly.

pork.jpg

More grilled pork with Cayenne Jelly. The corn is from the garden and is cooked with a super chili and some diced onions...really nice like that.

prok2.jpg

Sort of a Tex-Mex kind of thing with Habanero peppers over simmered squirrel.

squirrelspricy.jpg

The baked beans have hot pepper flakes and the corn is like above mentioned. The catfish is just fried. This is my redneck grill and it is a blast to cook like this.

redneckcook.jpg

Just had to put this last one up :)

Just love Lake Erie!!!

eyes.jpg

Hello, BODEEN! that's some great looking creations and 2 of your last 3 entries have automatically entered you in the upcoming (yet to be determined when) Cast Iron throwdown. redneck grill + cast iron = WIN! no matter what you cook in it.

Thanks for sharing, hope you have fun here on THP.

salsalady

I look forward to it. Love my cast irons and have many of them. Got one just for fried chicken. Having a great time here so far. Now if I can just figure out how to do my avatar without getting an error msg I will be doing well.

Fresh blackberry cobbler.

blackcob.jpg

Hab Jelly

habjelly.jpg

Nachos with Jalapenos

nachos.jpg

Fresh wild raspberry delight.

raspdeli.jpg

Wild Turkey stir fry with Supers.

wildturk.jpg

Grilled chicken, sauteed Jimmy Nardello, Jalapeno, onions with lettuce and tomato and cheese on a jalapeno and cheese tortilla. Rolled and grilled until shell is crunchy.

faj.jpg

I will dig up the ketchup recipe....but in the mean time....Wild Turkey breaded in super chili bread crumbs with cayenne pepper jelly and a spinach salad mix.

turkey-cayenne.jpg

wow!!
great stuffs!!
my friend can you share the recipe of "Homemade Cayenne Ketchup"????
thanks

Without digging up my recipe, if one exists, just cook down your tomatoes. These are skinless. Cook in minced onions, garlic and oregano.

Throw in whatever hot pepper you like. Can be thickened with tomato paste, but this will raise the tartness of the sauce, so you may have to
sweeten it a bit. Easiest way is to add sugar. Oregano takes it out too without having to add sugar, but too much oregano and you will have spicy spaghetti sauce lol.

You can preserve it however you preserve your tomato products. I do a cold pack (hot water bath) but a lot of people are leery of how they do tomatoes.

Any kinds of spice you want to add to suite your taste is fine. It makes a really nice dipping sauce.

What is this thread???
It's like a resume for someone applying for a job as the cook for whatever the opposite of PETA is!
Bodeen, you been lurkin for a while and practicing taking pictures of your stuff?????
Yes, Yes, your stuff belongs on this site!!
Get in the Throwdowns and Cooking with Fire threads!

Super Chili spiced bluegills, home grown taters, and homemade brownie cupcake!!

Didn't think I had enough hot pepper in the dish yesterday, so I added some more tonight. Each bite kept getting hotter and hotter and more and more flavor.

spicyeye.jpg

Nothing new picture wise, but made some hot pepper turkey burgers last night and me likey!!!! Next attempt of turkey burgers will be doing them as a patty melt with sauteed mushrooms and some swiss cheese.

How in the hell have I missed this thread???? You sir rock! Walleye, Bluegill? Ahhhh yeah. Lovin' it. Keep up the good work.

Why has this thread been hiding from me? Great stuff Bo! The pic of the pile of fish had me floored. Awesome stuff.

I see you've got some cast iron.... maybe break them out for the next Throwdown starting the first Friday of February and running through the weekend? Anything goes in this one. Use a hot pepper and CI.

You're a crown contender if I ever did see one.

Why thank you. Not sure if my cast iron skills are up to the task. Its 9 degrees outside which means the redneck grill is probably frozen to the ground lol.

Back