food Some things I made (In the kitchen)

Last night I just had grilled chicken breasts, fried potato cakes, and home grown corn. Wasn't really that pic worthy. I'm saving up for the throwdown too :)

Some nice and spicy potato soup. The sausage just sets this soup off. Well, that and the super chili powder.

potatosoup.jpg

Anxious to use the dehydrator, I pulled out some frozen hot peppers from my reserve. The ones I pulled out were Cajun Belle, Habanero Orange, Super Chili, and Cayenne.

Cajun Belle working

CajunBelleF.jpg

Cayenne Working

cayenneF.jpg

Super Chili Working

SuperChiliF.jpg

Habenero Working

habaneroF.jpg

Then here is the powder. Got two ounces of each except the Habanero, which I got an ounce and a half.

powders.jpg

And a for a change of pace, as I was going through the stuff in the basement, I came across a toaster that is about 60 years old. It isn't one of these newer toasters made for camping, it was how my Grandparents made toast.

toaster.jpg

and it works really well...looks like I will be ready for an outdoor throwdown this summer!!!

Since I misread the throwdown, I cut back on what all I was making in cast iron. Bread was made in my cast iron dutch, as was the squirrel. I was going to make sausage stuffed, bacon wrapped, poppers. Also on the menu for this throwdown was crispy potato cakes.

Squirrel & Dumplings in a bread bowl. Bread was made with habanero peppers mixed into the dough.

breadbowl.jpg

Had an idea on some poppers, and had some turkey, so it was experiment time.
I browned some fresh pork sausage and stuffed jalapeno peppers with it. I then wrapped these poppers with bacon.
I formed the ground turkey into a patty and grilled it. The rye bread was grilled with sharp cheddar cheese on it and some jalapeno jelly was added.
Once the bacon started to get crispy, I was able to remove the picks and grill it on all sides.

WrappedJalapeno.jpg

Cooking.jpg

JelliedBread.jpg

PeppersDone.jpg

PlatedTurkey.jpg

hmm. my food must look like shit since no one likes it. Any way, here is a turkey meatloaf, with habanero jelly on top, and some jalapeno pepper rings for some extra punch.

557546_3005663750685_1535133912_32379453_833804420_n.jpg

Made it just like you would a beef meatloaf. Topped it off with Jalapeno peppers and Serrano Pepper jelly.

TurkeyLoaf-Serrano-Jalapeno.jpg

Apple smoked pork loin topped with Serrano Pepper Jelly.

RoastPork-Serrano.jpg

hmm. my food must look like shit since no one likes it.

Dude your stuff looks really good, but this is kind of a strange thread.
It's kind of like a one-man allstar show.
There are other threads (drunken chef, last spicy meal, throwdowns, pizza, wings, burgers, etc...) where you would get much more lovin!!!!

But your stuff does look really good. Keep it up!!, no matter where you post it!

Back