food Some things I made (In the kitchen)

Goliath/Billy Biker on left, Purple Jalapeno on the right. Next time I will strain the ones on the left so it is clearer. The Goliath/Billy is exactly what the doctor ordered for some spicy jalapeno jelly.

Goliath-purple-jalapeno-jelly.jpg

The purple Jalapeno, while not as hot as regular jalapenos, it does have a nice fruity taste to it. I will be using it in some salsa once the tomatoes get ripe. Should add a great color and flavor to the salsa.

Made up some salsa with everything coming from the garden. The hot peppers used were the chenzo and a couple purple jalapeno for some added color.

Salsa07-26-2012.jpg

Thanks!!! I am falling in love with the Chenzo!!!

Onions, peppers (sweet and hot), tomatoes, and garlic. One of the best pure garden dishes I make.

Ate half of it tonight, going to take the rest to work and watch em beg.

I wonder if cukes would over power the dish with their flavor, or would they add a nice twist?

Didn't have enough ripe peppers of one kind to pull this off, so this dish has Budapest, Hungarian, and Goathorn peppers in it. The filling is pork with rice and garlic. Then it is all slow cooked in a nice tomato sauce.

The heat from the peppers leeched out and soaked into everything making this a wonderful dish to eat.

The leftover pork mixture was made into meatballs and added to the pan to cook.

Ate a couple tonight, the rest will be in my lunch at work tomorrow. I am generally the envy of the break room!!!

StuffedPeppers.jpg

This turned out to be quite a lovely dish. The flavors melded together beautifully. Making it again next week for sure.

Ginger & Garlic Pork with Yellow Thai Peppers

porkthai.jpg

I wonder if my jelly would be hotter if I added pepper powder along with the pureed Jalapenos?

I made some jalapeno jelly using the Goliath and Billy Biker Jalapeno peppers. Those are the ticket if you want more heat and still have the jalapeno taste. I use 12 of the peppers, pureed, and then dice up 4 for the floaties in the jelly. Once it is almost set up, you can turn the jars gently (don't want to pop the seal) and get the floaters to suspend in the jar.

It is Righteous Jelly!!!!

No picture of the omelet as it looks like any other omelet I have posted up here. Sausage and cheese and the pepper I chose was the Biggie Chile. I did this since I had one damaged and pulled it for use. Did not get any heat to speak of, but the flavor was wonderful. I can't wait to try this when they are ripe.

Tonight's dinner is salad with Sunset and Tangerine Dream peppers, pickles, sun sugar tomatoes, and big bomb peppers.

The main course will consist of grilled walleye smothered in a Pasilla Bajio inspired tomato sauce.

Pictures to commence after the meal.. :dance:

Isn't very spicy, but it has a ton of flavor. Salsa with Cherry Bomb peppers.

SalsaCB08-12-2012.jpg

Thanks for the Cranberry/Jalapeno Recipe. Made mine out of Billy Bikers and having some of it over grilled chicken breasts later tonight.

CranberryJalapeno.jpg

Santa Fe Inspired Chicken Quesadillas. Wasn't too sure about these peppers until I tasted one. Really sweet tasting pepper with a follow up burn,

ChickenQuesadilla.jpg

Back