• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Sous Vide Ghost Pepper Corned Beef

Made some homemade corned beef and added dried ghost pepper to the spice rub and brine. It was brined for 6 days and cooked sous vide using an immersion circulator for 48 hours. It made an amazing hot reuben sandwich!

vzLxPmy.jpg
YnmcFpl.jpg
by4SRgh.jpg
hT7pylB.jpg

Looks great, now toss that ish in the smoker for a few hours and make me a pastrami sammich! 

Best looking "boiled" meat i've seen yet. 

D3monic said:
Looks great, now toss that ish in the smoker for a few hours and make me a pastrami sammich! 

Best looking "boiled" meat i've seen yet. 

Thanks man! Unfortunately my building doesn't allow smokers on the balcony or this would be pastrami instead of corned beef! 

grantmichaels said:
I can't stop thinking about this.

I just took a corned beef down for the weekend.
It's definitely worth the time it takes to make. My brisket was pretty small so 6 days of brine was plenty to get good even penetration into the center. A larger one may take an extra day or two. Next time I'm going to use short ribs and ease back just a little bit on the ghost pepper as to not completely overpower the rib flavor. 

Back