• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

SownSeeds 2012 grow season.

Hello all , well its that time of year for us aussies to get the camera out and do some happy snaps, here is my grow list for this coming season.

First thing's first id like to say thanks to a few members from THP for sending me some of there seeds to grow this season.

Jungle Rain - Grant
Saugapepper - Conor
BigCedar - Brandon
Lavatung - Luke
Luigimex - Luigi

Seed List

7 pot Jonah
7 Pot Barrackpore
7 Pot Brainstrain
Antillais Caribbean
Aribibi Gusano
Bahamian Goat pepper
Bhut Jolokia Peach
Bhut Jolokia
Bhut Jolokia Assam
Bhut Jolokia chocolate
Bhut Jolokia chocolate x yellow 7 pot
Bhut Jolokia orange
Bhut Jolokia white
Bhut Jolokia Yellow
Black Naga
Cabe Merah
Devils Tongue Chocolate
Devils Tongue White
Devils Tongue Yellow
Fatalii Chocolate
Fatalii Yellow
Giant White Hananero
Jalapenos
Nagas
Pessego Brasileiro
Pimenta De Neyde
Piri piri
Purple Naga
SB7J Patrick
Scotch Bonnet Big Sun
Scotch Bonnet Yellow
Super Chilli
Texas Tepin
Thai Dragon
Thai Orange
Thai Yellow
Trinidad Scorpion Chocolate
Trinidad Scorpion butch T
Trinidad Scorpion Caramel
Trinidad Scorpion FG Mustard
Trinidad Scorpion Moruga
Trinidad Scorpion Moruga Yellow
Trinidad Scorpion Sunrise
Yellow 7 pot

The new heat mat all fired up with some jiffys in , i did try both soil and jiffys and found i got better germ rates with jiffys and it was a few days faster to germinate.
IMG_8020.jpg

IMG_7827.jpg

The baby's in an organic soil mix
IMG_7945.jpg

After looking at how ugly this old shelf looked i went down to the local bunnings to get some wood to make new shelving to match the study furniture .

IMG_8067.jpg

New matching shelving.
IMG_8080.jpg

This is a small light i bought for 20 bucks and decided to add a few CFL bulb holders to it and a switch.

IMG_4815.jpg

IMG_4818.jpg

IMG_4825.jpg

IMG_4823.jpg

Now with the timber frame i made for it the light can slide in any one of the two bottom shelves.

IMG_8090.jpg

Hey Todd, nice setup you got there man! Loving the new shelves and lighting setup. Got a growlist? WOW, you did go big this year! Nice variety as well, how many plants are you shooting for? I'm excited to keep up with your glog this winter, should be fun! Your off to a great start. Keep up the good work buddy!

TS Caramels eh? Whats the story on those guys?

Hope all is well with you brother.

Brandon

WOW AMAZING
Nice set up!!!
Thanks guys i hope to get some more pics up asap .

Hey Todd, nice setup you got there man! Loving the new shelves and lighting setup. Got a growlist? WOW, you did go big this year! Nice variety as well, how many plants are you shooting for? I'm excited to keep up with your glog this winter, should be fun! Your off to a great start. Keep up the good work buddy!

TS Caramels eh? Whats the story on those guys?

Hope all is well with you brother.

Brandon
Hi Brandon , hows things mate , yeh the TS Caramel seeds i got from grant , i dont know to much about the background of them but i think its a bit of a newby, if you pm jungle rain im sure he can fill u in on them.
As for the seeds you sent me mate i have got them in the germ box at the moment and will post some pics as soon as they pop.
I have prolly gone overboard a bit as to how many seeds i have started this time but i can always find a place to fit them in.

Todd, love the new setup! The shelving unit looks fantastic. I am going to have to ask Grant about those TS Caramel's as well. Should be a very hot Christmas and New Year for you. :dance:

Some more baby pics.

IMG_8258.jpg

IMG_8178.jpg
\

Here is the root growth difference between the jiffy pellets and soil.

IMG_8061.jpg

IMG_7931.jpg

IMG_8233.jpg

IMG_8155.jpg

Todd, love the new setup! The shelving unit looks fantastic. I am going to have to ask Grant about those TS Caramel's as well. Should be a very hot Christmas and New Year for you. :dance:
Thanks Conor , ill take some pics mate of the plants i have from the seeds you sent me and post them up .
Big game tonight , you think we can take the pies? should be a close match, and yeh just send grant a pm about the TS caramel.

Big game indeed. Not counting the game against Geelong (which they were fortunate to win) they haven't played well against the top tier at all this season. Here's hoping they change that!

My 2 year old daughter was looking at the screen and she freaked out at your rug... she'll yelled "TINKIE!!" which is her way of saying "I love Tinkerbell Daddy, please buy me everything Tinkerbell. Right now." :rofl:

Big game indeed. Not counting the game against Geelong (which they were fortunate to win) they haven't played well against the top tier at all this season. Here's hoping they change that!

My 2 year old daughter was looking at the screen and she freaked out at your rug... she'll yelled "TINKIE!!" which is her way of saying "I love Tinkerbell Daddy, please buy me everything Tinkerbell. Right now." :rofl:
Ahh the tinkerbell rug, i was hoping nobody noticed , id try and fit the rug in a post pack and send it to your little girl but my daughter would kill me.

todd good set up i am happy to be on this site and learning lots will get the light this week and yes thanks again

andy
No probs Andy and welcome to THP, there is alot of great advice on this site , good to see your giving it another shot this season, make sure you take alot of photos of your grow , we all love looking at pics.

You got a damn good start. THings are gonna be beast!
Thanks Jamison its only early days yet but they seem to be loving the organic soil i have potted them up in.

A few update pics.

Purple Naga.

IMG_8276.jpg

Mustard Habanero.

IMG_8278.jpg

Bhut Jolokia choc X yellow 7 pot.

IMG_8282.jpg

Cabe Merah.

IMG_8283.jpg

Pessego Brasileiro.

IMG_8281.jpg

Texas Tepin,

IMG_8284.jpg

7 Pot Barrackpore

IMG_8255.jpg

super chilli.

IMG_8161.jpg

That's one heck of a list you have and it looks like you're off to a great start. Good luck!
Thanks patrick, after checking out the germ box today and after only 6 days from when i started them , the seeds brandon sent me have started to show some life.
I just had to take this little fella out for his first baby photos.

SB7J

IMG_8286.jpg

Mr sown seeds u r the guru and a huge shout out for helping me on my way to Chilli glory ! As a first time grower and no thumbs ur advice has been key to my first batch , gunna glog on the weekend if the kids and the mrs give me a chance lol,. And a big ups to jungle rain also for the seeds , got sum spinny sh$& going on so look out THP lol evry one on here is so helpfull , once again sown seeds u have shown me the light , cheers bud and a gr8 glog still buggered if I know where u guna put the all a nuda ikea shelf and a ton of lights shuld c u right, explains why the copper chopper flys over ur house :)

Mr sown seeds u r the guru and a huge shout out for helping me on my way to Chilli glory ! As a first time grower and no thumbs ur advice has been key to my first batch , gunna glog on the weekend if the kids and the mrs give me a chance lol,. And a big ups to jungle rain also for the seeds , got sum spinny sh$& going on so look out THP lol evry one on here is so helpfull , once again sown seeds u have shown me the light , cheers bud and a gr8 glog still buggered if I know where u guna put the all a nuda ikea shelf and a ton of lights shuld c u right, explains why the copper chopper flys over ur house :)
Thanks Kev , but im far from being a guru, When are you going to post a few pics of your grow for all to see ?

Back