• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Spankyscolts 2013 Growlog

After the recent passing of my best friend and grow partner I almost decided not to grow anything this year but after much thought decided just this past weekend to drop some seeds and go forward with the season. I then wasn't sure I was going to keep a GLOG because of how busy things get, last year I struggled to keep up with it and at some point let it go altogether. Like my season I decided to go forward with a GLOG as well but will probability not update it as often. Besides my friends passing the place we rent developed a leak in the roof that leaked through the ceiling in the room I use to grow, and as of this posting it has still not completely repaired by our Landlord. I am getting a much later start than I prefer but it's like they say better late then never.

Like last year I am using rapid rooter style plugs as they worked so well last year. This year I am putting 2 seeds per plug when possible and am using more of my own seeds than last year. Because of the hole in the ceiling I am preparing the trays here but then they will go to another friends house until my room is available to me. Here's the list which is a little smaller than last year.

1. Bombay Morich 4/0
2. TS Moruga Satan 4/0
3. Yellow Scorpion 4/0
4. Moruga X Scorpion 4/0
5. Yellow Brain Strain 4/0
6. Yellow Moruga 4/0
7. 7 Pot Jonah 4/0 *
8. 7 Pot Douglah 4/0
9. Chocolate Scorpion 4/0
10. 7 Pot Primo 6/0
11. Carolina Reaper 6/0
12. Red Brain Strain 4/0 *
13. Butch T2 4/0 *
14. Fatali- Red Savina Cross 4/0 *
15. Moruga Red 4/0 *
16. Bih Jolokia 4/0 *
17. 7 Pot Yellow 4/0 *
18. Bonda Ma Jaques 4/0 *
19. Dorsett Naga 4/0 *
20. Monster Infinity 4/0 *
21. Lemon Aji 2/0 *
22. Moruga Blend 6/0 *
23. 7 Pot Barrickipore 4/0 *
24. Naga Viper 6/0 *
25. Choc. Bhut Jolokia 4/0
26. Datali 4/0
27. Douglah Red 4/0
28. Chocolate Habanero 4/0
29. 7 Pot Red 4/0
30. Caribbean Habanero 2/0 *
31. Bhut Jolokia 4/0
32. Naga Morich 4/0
33. Fatali 4/0
34. Red Savina 4/0
35. Purple Jolokia 4/0

Varities marked with an (*) are ones started by my own seeds.

Here's a pic of my temporary set-up before moving it to a friends house. There's a total of 35 varieties and 144 plants.

IMG_2209.jpg

IMG_9520.jpg

I use a heat mat with thermostat set at 84 degrees when I finally added a thermostat last year my results greatly improved. It appears sideways in this pic because the outlet is sideways ; )

IMG_2103.jpg

We had several overwinters in a grow room at my friends house, but because of his passing I have not been able to get into the house until his family was moving it. I went over yesterday and packed up the lights, timers, and such. I took the overwinters also but they did not look good. Many were dry and brown, I brought them home and trimmed them up, watered them with a dilute Pro Grow and Vitamin B mix and blessed them; ), now I will just wait and see what happens. Two were tossed and several others maybe should of been but hope springs eternal ; ). The only place I have to keep them is outside so Im hoping for mild weather. Here's some pics.

IMG_4828.jpg

IMG_2543.jpg

Well there you have her a delayed start to the 2013 season after a few setbacks, a modest beginning. Thanks for checking in, I'll post again in a few weeks.

bump!

Hoping old man winter takes his time.
I really like how round the moruga satan' strain are.
Word is the jigsaws are a bitter one.
Will have to fill us in on yours!
Looks like one is around the corner for you!

GA Growhead said:
bump!

Hoping old man winter takes his time.
I really like how round the moruga satan' strain are.
Word is the jigsaws are a bitter one.
Will have to fill us in on yours!
Looks like one is around the corner for you!
Bitter huh? I got one that's ready now I should try it ?

There was a review on youtube from Mike (obn). They said it was bitter and didn't taste well because of. Saw it posted here somewhere.
Did say it was hot! Wondering if yours will also be bitter? Always a possibility that yours will be different. Plants can vary.
Let me know what you think once you get into it.

Plants are podding up!
What's that second pict above? Orange on the way to red? Or something that is orange?

GA Growhead said:
There was a review on youtube from Mike (obn). They said it was bitter and didn't taste well because of. Saw it posted here somewhere.
Did say it was hot! Wondering if yours will also be bitter? Always a possibility that yours will be different. Plants can vary.
Let me know what you think once you get into it.

Plants are podding up!
What's that second pict above? Orange on the way to red? Or something that is orange?
That's a Carribbean Habanero a personal fav !!

Well here's some more pod pics, they are turning BUT is there enough time ?

Red Brain Strain

IMG_3530.jpg

Douglah

IMG_6548.jpg

Lemon Aji

IMG_4044.jpg

TS Moruga Satan

IMG_6380-1.jpg

Purple Bhut.. These turn purple then a whitish green then orange to red very interesting. My first time growing this pepper

IMG_1560.jpg

Group Shot of the infamous Dorset Naga

IMG_7158.jpg

Couple of pics of the Barrackpore Seven

IMG_7230.jpg

IMG_6315.jpg

More to come !!

More pics of pods !

Bonda Ma Jaques .. A favorite !!

IMG_8430.jpg

TS Moruga Blend

IMG_0489.jpg

Red Savina ( Cut one of these open today OH MY !!)

IMG_9337.jpg

Infinity

IMG_4534.jpg

Yellow Scorpion

IMG_7182.jpg

Fatali

IMG_9116.jpg

Carribbean Habanero

IMG_5820.jpg

One of a half dozen Jigsaws Im growing

IMG_3519.jpg

Made of a double batch of my hot sauce with the last of my Butch T's and Bhuts from last year, they were frozen and pickled about 8 jars of Jalapenos and they dried out some Cayennes .
It's been a bust day and my hands and wrist are on fire from doing all the dishes used in making my sauce ! Lol

Well the first batch of hot sauce is in the books. I used the last of the Butch T and Ghost pods I had in the freezer. It turned out great but didnt make enough as Im sold out already .. so back to the kitchen lol

IMG_3359.jpg

HOLY SHIT THAT JIGSAW IS FREAKIN HOT !!
This is my last update the season is for the most part over as most of you know I started late and as a result I have tons of green pods ! The ones that are ripe I have harvested kept some some some . Very disappointed but it's my own fault. Trying to decide if I want to do this next year. Im gonna try and overwinter 30 plants or so. Thanks to everyone who checked out my GLOG !

HOLY SHIT THOSE JIGSAWS ARE FREAKIN HOT!!

Back