• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Spankyscolts 2014 GLOG Season 3

Well folks here we are again at the dawn of another growing season . For me this is a rubber match year of sorts, you see the first year we were wildly successful then after my grow partner passed I was indecisive about growing again but after multiple mind changes I started too late and was a bit too ambitious as a result I had a bad year, it started with an aphid outbreak and ended with many green pods even the ones that did ripen weren't of the quality that I expect so that brings us to this year I have another partner in that he grows half of what we have at his place, we share resources and such but are otherwise seperate. I also decided to limit what I grow instead of trying to grow out 40-50 strains I settled on 12 at first but in this last week added another 10 or so but the key here is smaller. I do this because I enjoy it and I get to make a few bucks and share in THP community.

I'm not great at keeping my GLOG as updated as some but will share as often as I can with the good the bad and the ugly.

Well here's the starting list

1. Jigsaw - 8/0 -seeds saved from my 2013 pods
2. Butch T - 8/0 -seeds from Butch T's pods
3. Carolina Reaper - 6/0 -seeds from Pucker Butt
3x. Carolina Reaper - 2/0 -seeds from a 2013 prized pod
4. Naga Viper - 8/0 - seeds from Gerald Fowler
5. Bubble Gum - 4/0 -seeds from King Dennis via Jerrymart
6. Bubble Gum - 4/0 -seeds from Pex Peppers via Jerrymart
7. Ice Scream - 8/0 -seeds from Butch T via Keith
8. 7 Pot Primo - 8/0 -seeds from Pepper Lovers
9. Yellow Primo - 8/0 -seeds from John Ford
10.Chocolate Moruga - 6/0 - seeds from John Ford
11. Jays Peach Bhut - 6/0 -seeds from B.S. P. H.
12. Brazillian Ghost - 6/0 -seeds from John Ford
13. Kraken Scorpion - 6/0 -seeds from John Ford
14. Yellow Bhut - 6/0 -seeds from B.S.P.H
15. Naga Hybird - 6/0 - seeds from John Ford
16. King Naga - 6/0 - seeds from B.S.P.H.
17. Monster Naga - 6/0 -seeds from B.S.P.H.
18. Black Naga - 6/0 -seeds from B.S.P.H
19. Yellows Devils Tongue -6/0 - seeds from B.S.P.H.
20. Chocolate Devils Tongue - 6/0 - seeds from B.S. P.H.
21. Red Devils Tongue - 6/0 -seeds from B.S.P.H.
22. Red Bhut (Ghost) -4/0 -seeds from Greenearth
23. Chocolate Bhut - 4/0 - seeds saved from my 2013 pods

In all I started 144 plugs most have 2 seeds per hole and began life on a heat mat today set at 83 degrees.

The girls are all sweaty !

Well thanks for stopping by will try and update as often as I can.

Got pods popping and turning everywhere! Growing in the ground instead of pots this year so it's much harder to take pics but here it goes

Here's a couple blurry Reapers

Ice Scream got tons of these

Yellow Primo love these

Brazillian Ghost cool strain

Chocolate Devils Tongue

Yellow Devils Tongue turning

Coming next week pics of The Kracken strain and a cool Naga Hybrid both are making huge pods !!

Great work this season, Robin!  You have grown out some nasty heat there!

Will be interested in your auction process.

Good on ya, Robin.  Looks like a bumper crop in your neighborhood!

Good luck getting those sauces in the bottle!

Awesome looking sauces, Robin!

Spankyscolts said:
Thanks guys it's been a big hit !!

The Chocolate Devils Tongue, the colour change was green to brown? I think I have something similar but it went red-maroon/burgundy-brown. If you had any more pics...?

miguelovic said:

The Chocolate Devils Tongue, the colour change was green to brown? I think I have something similar but it went red-maroon/burgundy-brown. If you had any more pics...?

These are red ones and brown ones I think you can see in the pic one of the browns still has some green, they go green to brown

Back