• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Spicegeist 2016 (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Yes, I said I was going to scale back to maybe even nothing.  But, this is just not going to happen.  I love peppers, love growing them, watching other people grow them, developing new crosses, eating them, talking about them, and yes, I even enjoy some drama from time to time ;)

Here's my tentative grow list for 2016:

C. annuum
Chiltepin x C. galapagoense
Brown Chiltepin
Yellow Chiltepin
Chiltepin Tarahumara
[[Chiltepin x Chintexle] x C. galapagoense] x Negro de Valle
[[Chiltepin x Chintexle] x C. galapagoense] x Chiltepin
Chimayo (two different seed sources)

C. frutescens
Donne Sali
CGN 17020

C. chinense
Smooth Brown Bhut
Bumpy Brown Bhut
Red Bhut
Naga Suomi
Naga Suomi x [Choco Bhut x Douglah] F2
Pink Tiger
Pimenta da Neyde
Red Bhut x Choco Bhut
Naga King
Dorset Naga
[Bhut x Seven Pod Moruga] x Guwahati Bhut F2
[[Bhut x Seven Pod Moruga] x Guwahati Bhut F1] x Choco Bhut
Assam Bhut x [[Bhut x Seven Pod Moruga] x Guwahati Bhut F1]
Impact Bhut
Naga Suomi x Pimenta da Neyde F1
Scotch Bonnet M of A

You do good work with those Bhuts Charles... always a pleasure to check out your pics of them. IDK what's up with my Naga King plants this year... they must have crossed with something else because they don't have the ghostly green color they had when I first planted them. The Bhut plants I bought at a local nursery have it. It'll be interesting to see how they compare in taste when they finally ripen up. Not long now for the Bhuts... some of the pods are about 5 inches long and really gnarly.

stickman said:
You do good work with those Bhuts Charles... always a pleasure to check out your pics of them. IDK what's up with my Naga King plants this year... they must have crossed with something else because they don't have the ghostly green color they had when I first planted them. The Bhut plants I bought at a local nursery have it. It'll be interesting to see how they compare in taste when they finally ripen up. Not long now for the Bhuts... some of the pods are about 5 inches long and really gnarly.

They still might be interesting even though they crossed.  I have Naga King seed I know is pure... I can send you some for next year's grow.

I've been seeing color here and there.

Ripe Assam Bhuts:

Seven Pod Yellow:

CGN 17020 (C. frutescens):

Naga Suomi:

Guwahati Bhut:

My more-productive-than-last-year's Pink Tiger:

Freaky CGN 17020:

Impact Bhut, just a nice bhut-type chili pepper really:

Calling it My Bhut, I really like the shape of these pods:

I'd try and grow that freak bhut if there's a seed or two left over. What's it look like now?

You got a couple freaky things going on, weird on the double CGN. Great grow my friend!

Genetikx said:
I'd try and grow that freak bhut if there's a seed or two left over. What's it look like now?

You got a couple freaky things going on, weird on the double CGN. Great grow my friend!

Sure, let's see how many seeds it give me when the time comes.  The CGN and the Donne Sali tend to put out pods like that.  The CGN is from the Northern Mariana Islands... perhaps they are 'special' in more ways than one?

12 Beautiful Islands The U.S. Military Has Tested Weapons On
https://www.buzzfeed.com/mbvd/beautiful-places-the-us-military-tested-weapons-on?utm_term=.noBVljRj0#.cg60ZzdzR

alkhall said:

Very nice.

Would like to see what color they turn out to be.

Thanks!  I'd be very surprised if they turn out to be anything other than a beautiful red...

Malarky said:
Killer Yellow7

Thanks!  The plant is one of my most robust and sturdiest of 2016.  I grew this primarily to get more seed... I'd love to get this out to others to grow, let me know if you want to grow it next year.

Spicegeist said:
Thanks!  The plant is one of my most robust and sturdiest of 2016.  I grew this primarily to get more seed... I'd love to get this out to others to grow, let me know if you want to grow it next year.
PM Sent

Back