• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

greenhouse Spicy Chicken's grow room and greenhouse makeover

The plan is to get one going here in the next couple of weeks and at least get some super hots going early. I've still got to finalize my grow list and figure out some extra space for starting seeds. We just went from renters to owners of the same house, so I'm thinking I may add a couple of outlets to a basement closet...

Congragulations, sound like a great plan, if you remember when you get things going and start a thread drop me a PM with a link to it.
Good luck with your endevor! Cheers, SC

OMG
I'm in AWE
!!!!
Great work Spicy Chicken!

Thanks B

Did you get to read the whole thing? lol

There's not much to it really, just some wood, drywall and paint.

Looking forward to seeing you around, SC

Processing area.

2011_Greenhouse_makeover_0403.jpg

2011_Greenhouse_makeover_0404.jpg

Packageing and shipping area.

2011_Greenhouse_makeover_0400.jpg

With in a few days all the drying boxes will be full and more stacked waiting, not really looking forward to that part.

2011_Greenhouse_makeover_0406.jpg

Thanks for looking and have a great day! :dance:
dude you got some mad skills. where did you buy them small box fans?

Congragulations, sound like a great plan, if you remember when you get things going and start a thread drop me a PM with a link to it.
Good luck with your endevor! Cheers, SC

Thanks B

Did you get to read the whole thing? lol

There's not much to it really, just some wood, drywall and paint.

Looking forward to seeing you around, SC
Yes I did, and its "a big deal!" haha
I'm just hoping i can grow some awesome plants this season!
Good luck with yours!

dude you got some mad skills. where did you buy them small box fans?

Hey Guillo, thanks

Those fans are just your standard 20 inch box fans (Lesco brand?) or something like that. purchased from Walmart on a late fall sale for 10 bucks each 17 regular price.

Glad you enjoyed the build, have any more Q's just ask. Cheers. SC

How did I miss this?? (I need to pay more attention to the 'Grow Tech' threads!)

Jeff, that is like the bestest sheeet... EVER!

WINNING!

WOW just WOW what a fantastic grow building, that thing looks amazing, it is MUCH classier than my house. I just found this thread today (linked from your grow log) and read the whole thing from the start and I’m just amazed at the level of style you have put in to this building, most people would have just put a new roof on and called it finished. Down lighting, rounded drywall edges, hardwood floor and designer front door, this thing is just fantastic.
I have got a couple of questions for you (not criticising, just can’t figure it out)
  1. What purpose does the gravel trench down the middle of the building serve?
  2. What is the Felt? Under the floor for?
  3. With the drain you made for your sink, does the water just filter out through the barrels and gravel and then into the dirt?

you sir, are a carpentry Jedi.

thanks man, not quite sure how to respond to that, just a guy, no lightsaber. :halo:

This facility is amazing. Holy S@@T! :)

Chris

Thanks Chris, it's comin along, but running out of room fast, might have to think about and addition this summer. :banghead:

How did I miss this?? (I need to pay more attention to the 'Grow Tech' threads!)

Jeff, that is like the bestest sheeet... EVER!

WINNING!

Ok my hat doesn't fit any more, Thanks Gasy, Its cold here would you mind some company for a couple months? :beer:

WOW just WOW what a fantastic grow building, that thing looks amazing, it is MUCH classier than my house. I just found this thread today (linked from your grow log) and read the whole thing from the start and I’m just amazed at the level of style you have put in to this building, most people would have just put a new roof on and called it finished. Down lighting, rounded drywall edges, hardwood floor and designer front door, this thing is just fantastic.
I have got a couple of questions for you (not criticising, just can’t figure it out)
  1. What purpose does the gravel trench down the middle of the building serve?
  2. What is the Felt? Under the floor for?
  3. With the drain you made for your sink, does the water just filter out through the barrels and gravel and then into the dirt?

Thanks man, I don't feel comfortable putting the "fat" in there, lol

1. the drain lines from both ends dump into that "french drain" plus the dehumidifier water.
2. felt paper or tar paper as some will call it, serves as a vapor barrier between the concrete and floor joist, keeps them from rotting so fast, vis-queen will deteriorate after a number of years.
3 yes; the same for the drain down the middle.

Glad you liked it, Cheers SC

this is my favourite post.

still trying to figure out how the "seed in the box with hose" thing works, but with my own eyes, i witnessed it and it appears to have worked. i'm still dumb founded!

this is my favourite post.

still trying to figure out how the "seed in the box with hose" thing works, but with my own eyes, i witnessed it and it appears to have worked. i'm still dumb founded!

Thanks BC

LOL I think this is the fewest amount of word I've ever seen you inscribe.

The box is quite simple really, just a small hole drilled for every cell with a vacuum cleaner hose stuck in the end, release the suction and the seeds drop in the tray, but I think you already knew that. ;o)

SC

This is the most amazing post ever , just looking at the pics once is not enough spicy, i just love your play room , i did my trade here in oz as a cabinet maker and your tools and your play room is better than some of the factorys i have worked in .
Your skills and talent is awesome, a true craftsman. I have been out of the trade now for like 10 years but seeing this post and your pics makes me wanto dust of my tools, thanks for the great pics.

This is the most amazing post ever , just looking at the pics once is not enough spicy, i just love your play room , i did my trade here in oz as a cabinet maker and your tools and your play room is better than some of the factorys i have worked in .
Your skills and talent is awesome, a true craftsman. I have been out of the trade now for like 10 years but seeing this post and your pics makes me wanto dust of my tools, thanks for the great pics.
Be sure to check this one out
http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/28120-spicy-chickens-cellar-grow-room-extreme-makeover-home-addition

Back