• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

greenhouse Spicy Chicken's grow room and greenhouse makeover

Hi everyone, just a couple of shots I took at dark tonight.Putting on the deck and stairway system making easier access for building the upper unit. Boy for some reason I am having a hard time finding ambition this summer to finish this; but will plug away at it. I really need the space for processing and plant overflow with next years seedling.

Greenhouse_makeover_0421.jpg

Greenhouse_makeover_0420.jpg

Greenhouse_makeover_0419.jpg

Thanks for looking - Jeff

Love those round raised beds. What's the watering system?

I use 3 300 gallon tanks on a wagon pulled with a tractor and a 2 inch hose and wand attached to the tanks, it literally takes about less then 10 seconds to flood each circle with about 15 gallons. There is a berm around the outside of the inside to retain the water. You can see the preparation of the bed in my Glog if you haven't already. thanks

Cheers - Jeff

Just curious - why did you space the beds so far apart? Is it to pull the tractor between them? To prevent the spread of pests/disease? Aesthetics?

Awesome stuff, thanks!!

Hi all!

As you can imagine with the gardens, work, cellar makeover, and this project I don't have a whole lot of time for anything else so forgive me if I don't respond to your thoughts; But do enjoy reading them!!

Got the deck covered with T&G OSB instead of treaded lumber, plan on covering that with a one piece rubber mat, so if any water does come in though the screens it should not leak down through the floor. Eventually I would like to build a room underneath.

The stairway system will be bell shaped as you walk up. 8 feet at the bottom and 4 feet at the top ; curved down both sides. I did put the risers and treads on for convenience of operation up-top so it looks a little funny right now.

Not sure of the window configuration right now, I do have a number of very large thermo-pane window glass that was originally planed but they are fixed and I think I would like all the window to open so I am bidding on some new Anderson,s but until then headers will surround the whole top, giving me the option to build the roof system right away and place what ever windows I decide later.

Anywho, working as fast as time allots and looking forward to getting the roof on.

Greenhouse_makeover_0422.jpg

Greenhouse_makeover_0423.jpg

Greenhouse_makeover_0424.jpg

WooHoo I can't wait to drink my morning coffee on the deck and watch the migrant workers. ;O)

Greenhouse_makeover_0425.jpg

Thanks for stopping by - Jeff

I thought you had stairs inside. did you decide to do away with those for more interior space downstairs?

The build is looking good, Keep the pix coming!!!

Where on earth did you take the first two pictures from? A tree? A telephone pole? You are a braver man than I.

Keep up the good work Spicy. I am still incredibly jealous of your skill.

I thought you had stairs inside. did you decide to do away with those for more interior space downstairs?

The build is looking good, Keep the pix coming!!!

Hey buddy hows it going?

I do have a stairway from the inside and will still use it especially in the winter months, the outside stairs goes up to the screen room, just didn't want to have to go through the drying/processing room to get there.

Thanks for stopping by. Jeff

Where can I submit my application for migrant worker position, Jeff? :D

LOL you my friend will be drinking Java with me!!!!

Where on earth did you take the first two pictures from? A tree? A telephone pole? You are a braver man than I.

Keep up the good work Spicy. I am still incredibly jealous of your skill.

You are funny, I am not that brave either, lol you can see what I used to take those pics from in the link below.

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/27357-spicy-chickens-mmxii-grow-log-the-hot-spot-pepper-shack/page__st__280

Thanks for stopping by - Jeff

Back