• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Spicy mix

I dehydrated

a handfull of Dutch Red pepper
2 onions
3 cloves of garlic

added 2 tblspoons of sea salt

threw all that in the blender and came up with a powder full of aroma and with a nice heat. Simple, but yummy. I'll try it in cooking tonite, but I think I can already recommend it, can't stop "trying" it.

Sounds great Chiliac buddy..My cousin has just sent me some Pimenta De Neyde powder and it is fantastic..the color and aroma is beautiful :)

I'm sure it would fit in there pretty well!!! I will keep on experimenting with different chilis and herbs and....

I tried it on some meals so far and I am really happy with it. The heat is pleasant and builds up slowly instead of hitting you instantly. Just the way I like it.

that sounds delicious...I wonder how it would be with Orange Habs subbed for the dutch chili...I am on holiday until this coming monday...sooooooo...I am going to experiment with pepper sauce, spice, pico, and salsa....just hope I don't gas myself cooking inside...

I picked those 150+ habs yesterday and am dehydrating them at the moment...

morning chiliac (afternoon for you)

It sounds like a damn nice combination to try Chiliac and carnt wait to get some ripe chilis to try some ideas out..the seeds i promised you should be here this week..i hope just reminded him ;)

AlabamaJack said:
that sounds delicious...I wonder how it would be with Orange Habs subbed for the dutch chili...I am on holiday until this coming monday...sooooooo...I am going to experiment with pepper sauce, spice, pico, and salsa....just hope I don't gas myself cooking inside...

I picked those 150+ habs yesterday and am dehydrating them at the moment...

morning chiliac (afternoon for you)

150+ I bet the smell was amazing..id sit in the kitchen watching you A.J and taking in the fumes :)

Morn' AJ,
I may try this this week(end) - got enough nearly ripe habs to be able to make some decent powder by the weekend. I think it also needs a little more garlic and/or onions. Not sure yet...
I also thought of adding some dehydrated celery - what do you guys think?

I personally like celery...like maybe a little celery salt instead of some of the sea salt...

this week is going to be fun...too bad for you guys...I bet I post a bunch of pictures...may start a thread called my holiday in the garden or something like that.... :lol: next year this time I will be on permanent holiday... :lol:

too bad? Guess it'll be fun! Looking forward to it.

If I use dehydrated celery and some sea salt, that should do the job imo.I still need to dehydrate the celery, but that's not the problem I think!

AlabamaJack said:
I personally like celery...like maybe a little celery salt instead of some of the sea salt...

this week is going to be fun...too bad for you guys...I bet I post a bunch of pictures...may start a thread called my holiday in the garden or something like that.... :lol: next year this time I will be on permanent holiday... :lol:

Well one damn fine reason to look forward to retirement for :)

Back