• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Sri Lanka White Bhut Jolokia. Heard of them?

Can any one tell me more about these?  Sri Lanka is a place some where in the world isn'tit?  Assuming they're from there but it doesn't seem to be a common thing as I never see anything about them but have a pack with just a few seeds in it that is labeled "White Bhut Sri Lanka" and was hoping to gain some more info on them.

Duuuuude??? Bhuts originate from the bit of India next to Bangladesh and down into Burma. Maybe even in China.

Not heard of Sri Lankan Bhuts, but it wouldn`t surprise me if they were there too.

I wasn't implying bhut's originated there, just guessed these particular seeds came from there since they were marked with that name.  I found a couple threads here with "Sri Lanka"  Apparently a member here from Korea sent them to a bunch of people.  Tried messaging but his box must be full or something cause it wouldn't go through.

I got these from another fella, Richard Hickey.  So this is most likely Naga Morich?  I always thought that was just another name for Bhut Jolokia.  Interesting.

How do I get in touch with that guy?

Is there a fb for the guy who has the white sri lanka's? Suresh Lakmal brings up a few different people

Didn`t think you meant that they originated there, more that "Sri Lanka is a place somewhere in the world isn`t it?" Just showing where it is in relation to Bhut country. As I said, it wouldn`t surprise me at all if there were varieties of Bhut in Sri Lanka (and other parts of India and Pakistan and Butan and etc etc etc) and Chris throws up some photos in the other thread. 

Ah makes sense, sorry.  Wonder what the odds are these came from another person and are not part of the seed packs that Bootsieb spread here?  I sent the guy whoI got them from a message so hopefully I hear from him soon. I'll grow them out either way and see what I got.

Ah makes sense, sorry. Wonder what the odds are these came from another person and are not part of the seed packs that Bootsieb spread here? I sent the guy whoI got them from a message so hopefully I hear from him soon. I'll grow them out either way and see what I got.
Just curious- did anyone grow> get White? Probably not

The languages in Sri Lanka (besides English) are Sinhala and Tamil, so I don't think if they had a white C. chinense that it would have the name "Bhut Jolokia", as that was a regional name in parts of Northeast India....which speak many other languages, none of which are Tamil or Sinhala.

Back