• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking St. Louis Style.... Am I Doing It Right?

Cut at the joint, flap, end, and silver skin removed.... rubbed with applewood/pork blend with a little primo powder mixed in - thanks, Smileyguy for the powders! - On the smoker now. got some ham cubes soaking in brine/paprika/cayenne for a homemade tasso style seasoning meat to cook int with some fresh green beans.

9279478136_d6aacda177_b.jpg

That looks delicious!

Looks too right to be wrong! Nice!
I had baby backs for dinner too.
Still waiting on the butt to finish its stall for pulled pork tomorrow.

Looks right to a St. Louisian! Got a pork butt all rubbed down waiting to hit the smoker tomorrow, looks just like those ribs on the outside, but I went with pequin/thai powder for a little heat.

Let's see them cooked!

theghostpepperstore said:
Looks right to a St. Louisian! Got a pork butt all rubbed down waiting to hit the smoker tomorrow, looks just like those ribs on the outside, but I went with pequin/thai powder for a little heat.

Let's see them cooked!
 Pork butt! NICE!!!!!

These guys are almost done. Should they be falling apart, or still have some pull to them? My gut says pull.......just a little
HopsNBarley said:

Looks like butts are the Sunday dish around here... I want to see those! Be prepared to take and post pics!

I love it!

You done good, sir. Much better than back ribs, huh?

The Hot Pepper said:
You done good, sir. Much better than back ribs, huh?

They are pretty good.... but they don't shake me off of back ribs! They are, however, back on the menu! Glad I learned how to cut them down this way. Thanks for the suggestion, THP
Thanks, y'all! Wish I coulda shared some around!

HopsNBarley said:

Soooo....... where are the pics of that Boston? Hello?????

10lb butt all rubbed up with my pork rub and ready for the WSM.

image.jpg

Smoked with a blend of Apple and Hickory @ 225* for 13 hours.

image.jpg

Pulled and ready at go.

image.jpg

Smoke em' if ya got em!

Back