Sterno's first try on chilies

NoVa Hothead said:
That growth on the hab soil looks concerning to me...

Oh that green stuff in the soil is just crystallized fertilizer from the foliage spray. Haven't seen any growth in the soil.

One and a half month since sowing the seeds and plants are growing nicely.

sc30.jpg

First flowers coming up. This is the Cayenne.

sc31.jpg

Jalapeño also starts with it's first flowers.

sc32.jpg

Cheers,
Sterno

plants look great Sterno...hope things go well for you

Thanks guys!

This morning the first chili started flowering. Quite amazing, as it's less than 2 months since sowing the seeds.

Cayenne flower.

sc34.jpg

All the annuums have lots of flowers coming. I guess I just have to pick them away, as I'd like the plants grow bigger still.

The chinense are not flowering, but there's lots of stuff happening under the big leaves...

sc35.jpg

My basement starts to feel like rainforest... :lol:

sc36.jpg

Cheers,
Sterno

Month gone and lots of flowering going on. Even some pods on the annuums.

Jalapeño Grande.

sc40.jpg

Cayenne.

sc39.jpg

Ancho.

sc37.jpg

Black Scorpion Tongue flowering. Beautiful flowers!

sc38.jpg

Cheers.
Sterno

Those are some fantastic looking plants. Also the photos are awesome! When is your plant out date? They look ready to start hardening off and planting in the garden.

Well I somehow missed this thread but it was kind of cool seeing all the pics at once. Nice job. Keep us posted.

excellent photos, Sterno. Looking good there

Mind telling what lens are you using to capture those spectacular photos? not to take away your ability to make great shots though :)

Kinda jealous u got some jalapenos pods too, might doesnt seem to germinate at all, i wonder why.

Thanks guys!

It's pretty cold here still, so I have to keep them inside under the lights for at least 2 months or so. Should not have started so early! :)

The last three pics I took with Canon 100mm 2.8 USM Macro lens. All the other pics were taken with a small compact camera, Leica D-LUX 4.

Sterno

Time for a little update. My chili growing ended up nearly as a disaster as the growing light power unit broke down and I found thousands of microscopic bugs or flies on them. Luckily enough the weather is warm enough to move the plants outside now.

Here's a few pics of the chilies from this morning.

Small red Habanero.

sunchil1.jpg

Jalapenos are ready for consumption.

sunchil8.jpg

Gigantic Ancho Pasilla.

sunchil3.jpg

Cayennes are ripening.

sunchil4.jpg

sunchil5.jpg

Lemon Drops still green.

sunchil6.jpg

sunchil7.jpg

These Cayennes are more than ready, some drying out already.

sunchil9.jpg

Thinking of sowing more seeds for outdoor growing. Let's see.

Cheers,
Sterno

chililover i think he took it with the Canon 100USM f2.8, the image quality and DOF is consistent with the last 3 pictures he took.

Leica's pretty good, but not as sharp as the 100USM

Back