• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Stickman's 2017 Minimalist Glog

Sinn said:
Wow all these sauces look amazing!! The roasted pineapple/mango you mentioned sounds delicious do you happen to sell any? Or can you share the recipe? [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry Chris, I don't grow enough chiles to make enough sauce to sell. It is delicious though...  I roast the pineapple to soften and sweeten the pineapple, then use the recipe from chile pepper madness for the sauce and scale the amounts up.
http://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/grill-roasted-pineapple
http://www.chilipeppermadness.com/chili-pepper-recipes/hot-sauces/pineapple-mango-ghost-pepper-hot-sauce
Hope that works out for you.  :)

tsurrie said:
One word - awesome !

Cheers Uros! This is why I usually take a long break here after harvest and processing... ;)

tctenten said:
Great stuff Rick. I love seeing all the ways that you utilize your harvests. A question on your Yellow Slicing tomato picture...do you constantly prune it to keep it that size?
Cheers Terry! If you mean "suckering" , then yeah I do. I also pinched off the primary node when it teached the end of the stake so it could concentrate on ripening the 'maters it has instead of making more.

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

Bhuter said:
There's that ghost pepper sauce. Great color! That apple-raisin Chutney sounds outstanding. Yum!
Cheers Adam. [emoji2] There's a bit over 30 ghost pods in that case of sauce, so it has a fair amount of heat. I like to stir a couple of tablespoons into the tomato sauce when making pizza or into marinades and bbq sauces.

The chutney is great with roasted meats, and greens that could use a little perk... Like collards and kale.

Today's first task... Blanched, peeled and cored 8 pounds of plum tomatoes for salsa.
0904171006.jpg

stickman said:
Cheers Terry! If you mean "suckering" , then yeah I do. I also pinched off the primary node when it teached the end of the stake so it could concentrate on ripening the 'maters it has instead of making more.

Yes.

I have to look into doing this. My tomato plants outgrow 8ft stakes and just look like a mess. I do not touch them other than to stake them up.

not much , cruise night sat. cook out with kids yesterday , working on the wives jeep . Picking some afternoon pods ,    :party:
stickman said:

Cheers Frank! Watcha got going over at your place this weekend? I'll bet it's good... :drooling:

Got the mild salsa canned up this morning.
attachicon.gif
0904171314.jpg

I'll be canning peach salsa this afternoon
attachicon.gif
0904171454.jpg

and making peach-scotch bonnet sauce tonight. No rest for the wicked... :violin: ;)

moruga welder said:
not much , cruise night sat. cook out with kids yesterday , working on the wives jeep . Picking some afternoon pods ,    :party:

Sounds fun Frank. Low-key works for me. [emoji3]
Devv said:
Interesting video on the maters. I too have just let them go all season.

It's a good time of the year if your busy in the kitchen processing!

Congrats on your harvests ;)

Any Peach jelly in the works? I'm hooked on that stuff :P
I spent the growing season getting ready for this moment Scott. [emoji6] It just sucks up most of my free time until the harvest ends.
I have enough peach-bonnet jam on hand that I wasn't planning on making more yet, but if you're having a craving I'll make a small batch and split it with you. What say? Or maybe some of this peach salsa?
0904172239.jpg

Thegreenchilemonster said:
I'm loving the creativity with your canned sauces and salsas. They look awesome!
Cheers Dale! I love peaches anyway, but salsas made with them just seem more versatile since they fit the bill as salsa or chutney IMHO. I've got three cases of salsas/chutneys put aside so now I can focus on making hot sauces with four quarts of ripe peaches and these beauties...

Yellow 7-pot.
0904171742.jpg

Scotch Brains
0905171442.jpg

I wondered how my biggest Scotch Brain pod would score in the Land of the Giants Scotch Bonnet Challenge if it was eligible...
0905171505a.jpg

0905171508.jpg

16.6cm + 24g = score of 40.6 ;)

Some beauties there Rick! Those pods will serve you well :P

Thanks for the offer, I appreciate it, but I'm good with the Peach products ;)  We had a fantastic Peach harvest this spring. We've made Peach jelly with habs, Peach muffins, and Peach turn overs. And we still have 10 plus pounds of frozen Peaches in the freezer. Chutney is on the menu, when time allows. As you mentioned, these projects are time consuming and time is in short supply. Going to work anymore just gets in the way...LOL

Good luck at the fair! This next weekend right?

Devv said:
Some beauties there Rick! Those pods will serve you well [emoji14]

Thanks for the offer, I appreciate it, but I'm good with the Peach products ;)  We had a fantastic Peach harvest this spring. We've made Peach jelly with habs, Peach muffins, and Peach turn overs. And we still have 10 plus pounds of frozen Peaches in the freezer. Chutney is on the menu, when time allows. As you mentioned, these projects are time consuming and time is in short supply. Going to work anymore just gets in the way...LOL

Good luck at the fair! This next weekend right?
OK Scott, whatever you need from me, you've got it! [emoji2]

The fair starts the day after tomorrow. I have to pull my entries after work tomorrow and set them up before the deadline. Thanks for the good vibe!

ThatBlondGuy101 said:
Woah!

I'd fallen behind a bit on your glog, and did myself some catching up.

Looking absolutely stellar!

All those sauces, all those pods, all the food!

Yum yum!

Thanks for sharing the recipes, keep up the good work!
Cheers Blondie! I'll have to go over and get current with yours as well. [emoji106]

Back