• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics Sunday Morning Pepper Pics 30 March 2008

AlabamaJack

Extreme Member
These seedlings with peppers were planted 29 January 2008..so two months old....seems the cayenne is always first out of the shoot for me...

top left...Yellow Hungarian
top right...Franks Hot Sweet
bottom left...Super Chili
bottom right...Long Red Slim Cayenne

pepper1hv4.jpg

left...Mesilla Cayenne
right...Long Red Slim Pepper (free seeds from Pepper Joe, gotta be a cayenne)

pepper02033008fq0.jpg

got lots and lots of flowers...all plants will go outside for good on 4/5 April 2008.

thanks as always...hope these little babies have a bite...

off to play a gig....cy'all later...

AJ,

Awesome. I wish I had that kind of success. Maybe by next year - I'm still experimenting what germination method and containers work best. Plus, keep telling myself: these are not tomatoes, these are not tomatoes, these are not....

Mike

I can't believe it. So young but so developed. It's like they went through a time warp.
I got flowers, but not fruit yet.
My plants are dragging their feet... for sure!

habman said:
What's Franks Hot Sweet?
Is it the pepper used to make Franks Hot sauce?
I love that sauce.

this is my first year growing it...i had to pick one last night and taste...pure baby not heat but great flavor....like a sweet bell pepper....

PcolaHot said:
Nice Pics AJ and great looking baby peppers.:lol:

thanks pcola

Sanj said:
Nice Plants AJ.

Franks Hot Sweet is almost ready for tasting. :mouthonfire:

like I said I tasted one last night but no heat yet...flavor was very good tho...

Pam said:
That Frank's Hot Sweet looks a lot like an Almapaprika. Where did you get it?

Pam, you know I don't know all the varieties yet, but Mister_Al sent me some seeds...(thanks Mister Al)..I will check teh Almapaprika out...

wordwiz said:
AJ,

Awesome. I wish I had that kind of success. Maybe by next year - I'm still experimenting what germination method and containers work best. Plus, keep telling myself: these are not tomatoes, these are not tomatoes, these are not....

Mike

Thanks Mike...with my environment here I SHOULD be able to grow some good peppers....this year is to see which varieties grow best for me here in north Texas...next year will be less varieties and more plants of the varieties that grow best plus some new varieties I have not tried yet...

Nice looking plants AJ,...hows the wild tepins comming along?....mine are about 4" high and pretty full...looks like you're going to have a great harvest.

ABM...the time warp is caused by the over abundant amount of energy emitted by the dylithium chrystals beneath the slab of my house...I am trying to recreate creationism of peppers and with any luck, Mr. Spock will tell me where I have erred... (what'd he say?)

***grinning very broadly***...my wild Texas Tepins are about 5" tall and already starting to put out flower buds....they are going wild when compared to the other tepins and pequins I have started...

thanks for asking Daisy...

AlabamaJack said:
ABM...the time warp is caused by the over abundant amount of energy emitted by the dylithium chrystals beneath the slab of my house...I am trying to recreate creationism of peppers and with any luck, Mr. Spock will tell me where I have erred... (what'd he say?)

QUOTE]

*lol* Glad to meet another Trekkie....live long and prosper!:cool:

You know AJ. Every year I say next year I'm cutting down on varieties and I'm going to grow more of the ones I like. Guess what? Every year I grow tons of new ones. I just can't stop. lol. Can you say addicted?

Chris

AlabamaJack said:
this is my first year growing it...i had to pick one last night and taste...pure baby not heat but great flavor....like a sweet bell pepper....

thanks pcola

like I said I tasted one last night but no heat yet...flavor was very good tho...

Pam said:
That Frank's Hot Sweet looks a lot like an Almapaprika. Where did you get it?

Pam, you know I don't know all the varieties yet, but Mister_Al sent me some seeds...(thanks Mister Al)..I will check teh Almapaprika out...

Thanks Mike...with my environment here I SHOULD be able to grow some good peppers....this year is to see which varieties grow best for me here in north Texas...next year will be less varieties and more plants of the varieties that grow best plus some new varieties I have not tried yet...

looking great!!

nice to have chilis that soon :) tasted any yet? :P

do you remove the buds in the beginning or do you let them all turn into chilis?

The only peppers I have tasted so far is the Little Elf's that I started back in November and have been grown totally inside under light and now they are in a west facing window...they are a little hotter than a cayenne to me...

The one Franks Hot Sweet I ate yesteday is the only one I have tasted so far from my 29 Jan seedlings...I keep telling myself....keep your hands off the unripe peppers... :lol:

I don't remove any buds, most of them are falling off anyway so I just don't mess with them...

Daisy...my tepins are bigger than I thought...they are 7" tall and getting bushy...got one open flower and plenty of tiny buds...

tepin0331081ge8.jpg

Blurry picture of open flower...

tepin0331082do8.jpg

its hard to let them be :)

i actually prefer the unripe fruits. they are so fresh and roasted in the oven i think the taste is superior to the ripe fruits.

Note to myself - Start seeds earlier !
But then again, I will not put my plants out until may 15th, due to my un-predictable weather.

Back