• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Sunday Vittles

Here. We. GO!!
20200308_125750.jpg

Harry_Dangler said:
Looks tasty for sure.  Put some sausage in it ... next level.  :clap:

Yeah, I'll make a gumbo with the leftover juice, between me, the Mrs., and the two (grown) childrens we cleaned out the pot but for a half gallon of jus...Gonna save it for my homemade andouille, which will be made soon. I once again have access to my smoker!

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
YUM  :drooling:

man... Now i really want a Reuben on marbled Rye, with homemade probiotic Sauerkraut, and some  :hot: mustard instead of dressing !   :drooling:  :drooling:  :drooling:

I'm a terrible German, I love the smell of the 'kraut, but I cannot eat the stuff. 

I have a Packers Brisket in the deep freeze, now I'm thinkin' PASTRAMI!!!

:drooling:  :drooling:  :drooling:  :drooling:  :drooling:  :drooling:  :drooling:  :drooling:  :drooling:  :drooling:  :drooling:  :drooling:  :drooling:  :drooling:  :drooling:  :drooling:  :drooling:  :drooling:  :drooling: 

Good for you Bro getting your cook on!!  Yes a little more roux and cook it down more. 

I see you still boiling meat so that means you haven't freed the smoker, get on that it's spring and time to fire it up. 

I'd still act like a pig with that sandwich tho.

Rajun Gardener said:
Good for you Bro getting your cook on!!  Yes a little more roux and cook it down more. 

I see you still boiling meat so that means you haven't freed the smoker, get on that it's spring and time to fire it up. 

I'd still act like a pig with that sandwich tho.

Dammit Rob, I thought I might slip that one by ya.... :shh:

The lil' 125lb 12X12X18" smoker is getting liberated this week! I'm going to have it trade places with the snowblower...I've got all kinds of cooks goin' on in my little noggin', not the least a couple more of yours...It's time to chop some Andouille meat and get the cure underway...

Damn, brotha! Fresh shrimp is REALLY hard to get out here in the corn fields!

Ok, a few added 'gredients...
20200322_164815.jpg

Also, being as the Darlin' Bride is not crazy for fromage de la goat, I made an extra pan...
20200322_171915.jpg

The cheese is frikkin' tits too: 3 parts goat cheese to one part cream cheese and sour cream, add a tablespoon of onion dust (no chives or greenies, my bad) and about a teaspoon of fresh ground peppercorn.

'Sall ya get for now....

Have you ever tried crushed-up Doritos in meatloaf. It’ll take it to the next level[emoji16][emoji106][emoji2939][emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back