• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Supermarket Chilli plant ID thread

Bought this yesterday, was only $2 or $3, I think they were trying to get rid of it before it killed itself from being potbound. It came with 3 plants in one 10cm pot, and all plants were 3-4 feet tall, with lots of fruit! Amazing! Anway, I dont know what it is, and Im still holding off on eating the fruits for a few more days. I like to give any chemicals that were used on the plant time to go away before I start munching down.

Chilli023.jpg

Chilli024.jpg

Chilli025.jpg

Chilli026.jpg

Anyone have a clue?

Hey mate, is this the one you bought down Wray avenue? If so they have a heap of hybrids there....great tasting none the less....but...hmm chinese?? Out of my league I reckon...The old italian guys know how to grow chilli hey!

chillilover said:
Dosn't look chinense to me. Looks like an Annuum....maybe pequin firecracker?

I think I agree with you, it looks more like an Annuum. Does it have a single flower at each node?

I didn't have a clue about the firecracker part but i must be learning something here, the first thing that came to mind was Pequin!! Yay for me!

One plant per node it is, so I guess it looks like a pequin. Who said it was a chinense anyway? Damn crackheads mumble mumble...

That is a funny coincedence, two weeks ago a guy gave me two pequin plants because he had too many, had never had any before this.

One plant per node it is, so I guess it looks like a pequin. Who said it was a chinense anyway? Damn crackheads mumble mumble...

That is a funny coincedence, two weeks ago a guy gave me two pequin plants because he had too many, had never had any before this.

are all pods that shape or are there roundish 1's too. looks like a Tepin, thats what some of mine look like,, will go red if is,, if Pequin (looks to fat though) Orange then red if left..

Fire cracker/fire cracker hybrid I rekon....Just from past purchases from there...Dried some of the seeds from a plant like this a while back, excellent germination rate if your keen on planting!

Back