• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics Sweet and mild pepper discussion +pics

I'm growing St. Lucia red and yellow seasoning,Grenada seasoning,Trinidad Perfume.I used the Perfume for some Green Seasoning which was pretty tasty on some Snapper.The rest are powdered/Blended,Or used in combinations in sauces/rubs etc.One that caught me by surprise was the Pimente Vegetarien,I took a large bite,expecting a seasoning pepper...NOT!
Extremely hot pod,made worse by not expecting it!

LOL. Ya some of those so called seasoning or dulce/doce chinense peppers can really light you up when you expect them to be mild:mouthonfire:

for me jimmy narello, shihito and golden treasure are doing very good. they are just loaded with pods. hope they taste good too.
in the future i'd like to try aconcagua, sweet versions of datil and scotch bonnet and aji dulce2, aji panca.

Powtawie, those Aconcagua pods are incredible. I've never seen anything like that before. I had some big Numex Big Jims the other day, but they were not in that ballpark. Besides the NBJ, I'm also growing Bishops Crown and some Wegmans Fresnos which I was expecting to be much hotter. I haven't tried a red ripe one yet, but the green version has pretty much no heat. It's early to judge them because they were started so late. Maybe they'll heat up some later.

Mild ones for me this year are Bishops Crown, Atomic Heart, Red Hot Cherry, and Ball chilli. I think i'd like to try tobago seasoning this year as well.

Careful, there are apparently many different versions of the Tobago seasoning and some being traded are not mild but very hot. The same goes for some of the aji dulces being traded:mouthonfire:

Here's some ripe aconcaguas. They are all around 9 inches and the biggest one is about 265 grams
3820802260_8c0585f8ae.jpg

Those are outrageous looking pods POTAWIE way to grow dude! Have you eaten one yet? I may have to add these to the list for next year.

I've only tasted partially ripe ones so far and they were great like sweet, thick fleshed bell peppers and they ripened without any insect problems. I want to try roasting the big ones and maybe even stuffing them

Nice pods POTAWIE; slice one of those mammoths open. At that weight they must be fairly thick fleshed. Am looking forward to growing these next year.

Back