misc Table Displays for Sauces

I've been going back and forth between different display options for my table when at live events. The one I really like is ideal for indoor events, but outside (when dealing with wind & other elements) is not very ideal, so I go with option B which works, but is not as ideal as part of the label is covered up...

I've looked for pictures of what others have done and always check out other displays....Curious if anyone has any great outside the box idea's for table displays.

This is my ideal set-up.

10154906_232721893595360_7396761248225032247_n.jpg

I have these silver 3 tier spice racks (used for cabinets)......However, strong winds almost caused a disaster the first few outdoors events I did....

10552377_259822767551939_2139268883163148663_n.jpg

So, I switched over to these pencil/pen/paperclip type dishes, which work, but cut off some of the bottom of the label, which I don't like.....Just doesn't look as nice IMO.

I think I want to find those wooden CD crates (the ones that hold about 30 CD's) and create displays using those....

Or are there better & more ideal options?

Also bring paper towels if you're sampling from the bottle. Bottles and bottle caps get gooky after a dozen tastings. Nice to give some maintenance to the bottle tops/caps every 5th or 6th tasting.
Also bring paper towels if you're sampling from the bottle. Bottles and bottle caps get gooky after a dozen tastings. Nice to give some maintenance to the bottle tops/caps every 5th or 6th tasting.

I only do those for festivals. Too much wasted sauce if I burn a bottle of each flavor every market. Squeeze bottles aren't meant for storage. With glass I can use 1x 6-pack a week for my markets. If I did the squeeze bottle it'd be 7x 6-packs (42 bottles a week)

Too inefficient.

I love the flow control of the squeeze bottle but not the waste. :cheers:

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:
I only do those for festivals. Too much wasted sauce if I burn a bottle of each flavor every market. Squeeze bottles aren't meant for storage. With glass I can use 1x 6-pack a week for my markets. If I did the squeeze bottle it'd be 7x 6-packs (42 bottles a week)

Too inefficient.

I love the flow control of the squeeze bottle but not the waste. :cheers:

I wonder if I should pick up some of those sauce regulator thingees for the glass bottles, that i can attach at each fair/market, then when i get home, just put the screw top back on....?

OK, if you pinky swear the banners are usually centered....you can get a one-time pass on that....  :lol:

I use a plastic tote box that has everything needed for the market....
table cloth weights or clips 
paper and a little plastic box with pens, scissors, scotch tape to make signs on the fly
the stuff for the hand washing station (small buckets, bleach, soap, towels, etc)
sugar
table cloth 
table signs (I used clear acrylic photo frames and slip in whatever paper sign is needed for the event/day/sale/whatever.  Some signs I'd print ahead of time on the home printer, sometimes they got hand written at the market)
plastic bags to put product in (roll of clear produce bags purchased from the local grocery store produce dept)
extra paper and plastic grocery bags to give to anyone who needed it
Apron for cash

I had it down to----
Tables (large one for the front and tiny one for the hand washing station)
umbrella with stand or canopy
tote box
4-6 coolers of salsa
water container with hot water for hand washing
Child with hot chocolate, extra clothes, diaper bag, playpen(in the early days), snacks, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc,........

At the market I was in, I was able to pull the MomBomb(aka mini van) into the stall and set up behind it.  Didn't need a chair, I'd just sit on the back of the van.  Others may want to add a stool.

And then it kind of changed.

The 'Kid wanted to make money so he started selling Li-monade or Lavender Lemonade.  All went well until the day we were running late for market.

I'd just gotten a New-To-Me Honda Odyssey and the 5 gallons of lemonade were in the back corner with the seats down.  Headed around the first corner by the house with no problems.  But when I braked for the stop sign at the end of the road, the lemonade sloshed forward, tipping the 5 gallon cooler forward kicking the lid off and allowing 5 gallons of lemonade to tidal wave all the way from the back of the van under our seats to the firewall at the front of the van. 

I looked back to see the wave of sweetness wash under the seats....  :banghead: :banghead:  :banghead:

Aw, well, we just went back to the house and made another batch of lemonade....off to market we went!

ugh... you can't clean that sugar out.  Once it's in the carpet... ack.

By the way, do you need to mark the bottles as tester?  I've seen some at stores and stands that say TESTER on it. Wondering if that's just for logistical purposes or if it identifies an open product incase an inspector walks by.

No place to sign up for a contest freebie? Gather peoples contact info for future emailers?
Why is a member of KISS on your shirts? ;)
Have you tried setting up at Garlic Fests? Should be happening in late summer early fall...
+2 on centering the banner

Back