• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

TB/SICMAN workin' on skinny...

And TB, you KNOW it would be a sin NOT to cheat for a few days while you're in Austin! Summa da best food, all in one place.

G, mrs. blues was in Atlanta for 'bidness and Austin was her next stop this week.

She wanted me to come down and meet her and hang out and I needed a road trip anyhow.

Also my ma will be here on tuesday as she is overseeing the completion of her house being built in Georgetown.

Lots of reasons to be here.

The sheer awesomenessess of all the tex-mex, bbq, burger joints, food trucks and trailers, is mind boggling.

A case could be made to change the name from Austin to AWESTIN!

With all there is to do and experience here, one has to work at getting fat here.

It ain't AWEstin, but all we have is Hank's...

05b11b5b.jpg

d6992f79.jpg

this whole topic makes me feel unclean and frankly I find it very disturbing.

health food :::shudders:::

I think y'all need to find new forums to post at - I hear www.barbiecollectors.com or www.blandfoodsdailyreview.com are good for you folks.

Ain't no bland food in Texas, and sho' as hell there ain't none in Austin.

Just got back from Black's BBQ in Lockhart.

Here me now believe me later.

Best brisket I've ever had in my life!!

Pics later.

If anyone can make dieting a tasty treat sensation it's TB and Papa Sic!

Count me in!!!!!

(teehee...I smoked a brick of tofu last night!!!!)
:runs out of the thread:

Here's a teaser pic from Black's until I do up a proper review in another thread....

IMG_3776.jpg

Yeast roll ~ warm and fresh.
Cole slaw ~ just a touch of vin and slightly sweet. I dug it.
Mac ~ super creamy.
Brisky ~ smoky melt in your mouf' best brisket I've ever eaten. EVER!!

No sauce needed or wanted.

True story.

that brisket looks perfect!

Did anyone see sicmans lunch the other day?

3 hams and 12 cans of baked beans, and he's on a diet!
i may have had a couple sandwhiches from it. but that was all cooked by lady sic to feed the homeless. thats going to be my diet just cook and give it away,lol.

Wait wait wait... best EVER? Better than Kreuz? Better than Smitty's? Did you bump your head? What is this Black's you speak of? Please do tell. Does look fantastic though.

Wait wait wait... best EVER? Better than Kreuz? Better than Smitty's? Did you bump your head? What is this Black's you speak of? Please do tell. Does look fantastic though.

Here....

http://www.blacksbbq.com/default.aspx

Kreuz is closed on Sunday's. Nina Schmidt took over her dad's joint that Kreuz used to be in so the 2 joints are linked by family and very much alike. Both do hella' 'bidness but with huge out of town crowds.

Black's gets the out of towner's as well but is much more a local's joint. That says an awful lot right there. Black's was pumping out bbq starting in 1932 long before Kreuz, which at the time was just a meat market, or Smitty's which came later.

Since ma is moving down here in the fall, you can be sure I'll be checking out all of Lockhart's bbq joints. A trip to Luling,Tx and Snow's BBQ will also be in order.

Hmmm can't believe I never heard of them. How was the rest of the Q? Give me a review. I just love me some good beef ribs and sausage too. Something tells me that AJ feller can cook some good brisket too.

Jay I only had the brisket. mrs. blues got a little brisket and some smoked turkey. She liked the turkey but did NOT like the brisket.

She's not really a bbq person though. She doesn't like the smoke so much and thinks most brisket is too fatty.

Then again, she puts mayo on hot dogs.

Women...geez...

If you're ever in Oakland, CA you can blow your diet there too!
:woohoo:

This was my friend Andrea's "3-way" of chicken, ribs and brisket yesterday - all served dry with sauce on the side. No salt rubs and BBQ sauce too. :woohoo: (also pictured, my torso, and Dorothy's elbow...lol)

561336_10151047135530340_2045137204_n.jpg

So good. The brisket melts in your mouf and has sooooo so so much flavor.

I'd love to try Black's though - looks mighty tender.

Back