• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

food TB's Notorious Pizza

TB...you will have a good selection of dried pods to make seasoning from at the end of this month...gonna bring you a grab-bag full...

your pizzas look delicious...

AlabamaJack said:
TB...you will have a good selection of dried pods to make seasoning from at the end of this month...gonna bring you a grab-bag full...

your pizzas look delicious...

Yabba dabba do to me! Thanks AJ. I'll have a fun bag for you too!

Cheers, TB.

cool TB...really looking forward to it....

imaguitargod said:
Is that sausage I see in there too? Looks tasty TB!!

Why thank you Naga and Pizza Overlord. Yep..the snausage is chorizo. So when is the Kava Pizza making its debut? Actually I'd rather see you make the Mescalero Pizza!

Cheers, TB.

texas blues said:
Why thank you Naga and Pizza Overlord. Yep..the snausage is chorizo. So when is the Kava Pizza making its debut? Actually I'd rather see you make the Mescalero Pizza!

Cheers, TB.

Well, I think I'm giving the Kava sauce away, so probably no Kava pizza.

texas blues said:
0198.jpg

that looks damn tasty!
hungry2.gif

Hey ya'll. Gettin' righteous and ready for tomorrow nights round 1 of the Pizza Toss Off. Almost ready to crack a beer and start mixing dough. Ya'll get your pie on!

Cheers, TB.

Pizzas are looking good!

Gah, I need a oven thermometer.

My ancient oven has barely legible temp numbers on the knob, but temps are way off. Some previous tenant wrote some on, but they are way off too.

By what seems to be 50-75 degrees at least. It's a one-bottom-burner gas range from the 50's, and is a PITA as an oven.

I'll prolly havta stick to the toaster oven as I know it works.
Unless anyone knows how to dial in oven temps w/o a thermometer.

That's some good looking pizza ya got there TB. Can't wait to see what ya'll come up with in the throwdown!

QuadShotz said:
Pizzas are looking good!

My ancient oven has barely legible temp numbers on the knob, but temps are way off. Some previous tenant wrote some on, but they are way off too.

By what seems to be 50-75 degrees at least. It's a one-bottom-burner gas range from the 50's, and is a PITA as an oven.

Do your 'thang Quad...do your 'thang.

Nakana said:
That's some good looking pizza ya got there TB. Can't wait to see what ya'll come up with in the throwdown!

No telling since alcohol will most certainly be involved.

Cheers, TB.

TB, make a chipotle shrimp scampi white pizza please. Just throwin' ideas...

thehotpepper.com said:
TB, make a chipotle shrimp scampi white pizza please. Just throwin' ideas...

Crap! Shoulda' asked me an hour ago. Already set to go. But wait...there's still tomorrow! That does sound pretty good. I do have some seafood involved in at least one pizza....

Cheers, TB.

QuadShotz said:
Pizzas are looking good!

And I thought 25 deg off was pretty bad.
Just for fun, I was looking around and in the "good ole days", 50 to 75 was not bad I guess... here is an example someone wrote.....
"I found this quick-tip in my 1948 Edition of the Culinary Arts Institute Encyclopedic Cookbook. :>)
"Sprinkle a small amount of flour in a pan and place in heated oven.
When flour turns to a delicate brown in 5 minutes oven temperature is slow (250' to 325' F.)
When flour turns golden brown in 5 minutes oven temperature is moderate (325' to 400' F.)
When flour turns to deep brown in 5 minutes oven temperature is hot (400' to 450' F.)
When flour turns to deep dark brown in 3 minutes oven temperature is very hot (450' to 500' F.)"

sometimes modern tech is really better!:onfire:

texas blues said:
Hey ya'll. Gettin' righteous and ready for tomorrow nights round 1 of the Pizza Toss Off. Almost ready to crack a beer and start mixing dough. Ya'll get your pie on!

Cheers, TB.

I've been thinking about trying my hand at some pizza for that throw down. I haven't ever made a pizza before, so I would probably shoot for something basic..but spicy!

xgrafcorex said:
I've been thinking about trying my hand at some pizza for that throw down. I haven't ever made a pizza before, so I would probably shoot for something basic..but spicy!

XG, a great way to start with doing your own pizza is to check out Quad and his take on everything from pizza to burrito's. Don't have time or a KitchenAid to make your own dough..no worries, try making a pizza with pita bread, or store bought pre-made doughs. Put whatever you have or want on it. Add some hot sauce (in one of my pizza's I used chipotle adobo sauce) or chile's, whatever tastes good to you. Once you see how easy it is you'll be hooked!

Cheers, TB.

krukurr said:
And I thought 25 deg off was pretty bad.
Just for fun, I was looking around and in the "good ole days", 50 to 75 was not bad I guess... here is an example someone wrote.....
"I found this quick-tip in my 1948 Edition of the Culinary Arts Institute Encyclopedic Cookbook. :>)
"Sprinkle a small amount of flour in a pan and place in heated oven.
When flour turns to a delicate brown in 5 minutes oven temperature is slow (250' to 325' F.)
When flour turns golden brown in 5 minutes oven temperature is moderate (325' to 400' F.)
When flour turns to deep brown in 5 minutes oven temperature is hot (400' to 450' F.)
When flour turns to deep dark brown in 3 minutes oven temperature is very hot (450' to 500' F.)"

sometimes modern tech is really better!:onfire:

Thanks man, I'd seen that after a Googling too, but I cn't be arsed to do it.. ;)

I'm just one person, I don't need a whole oven worth of anythng anyways.

Back