• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

tepin x lemon drop (new f3s in the dirt)

It's the 43rd day since I've pruned the plant back and it has plenty of little buds and the first one opened today!

CAM02257_zps25221ff8.jpg

smileyguy697 said:
It's the 43rd day since I've pruned the plant back and it has plenty of little buds and the first one opened today!

CAM02257_zps25221ff8.jpg
Looking good Mike! Now make that beotch make pods just because I want some LOL. I actually sowed a couple seeds and they sprouted in 5 days :party: . I know they aren't isolated, but it will be interesting to see what comes up. Here she is:

20131203_203050.jpg

-Walt

Vegas_Chili said:
Looking good Mike! Now make that beotch make pods just because I want some LOL. I actually sowed a couple seeds and they sprouted in 5 days :party: . I know they aren't isolated, but it will be interesting to see what comes up. Here she is:

20131203_203050.jpg

-Walt
Keep me posted Walter we can all compare pics and I'm curious what phenotypes will show up. Tbh i had 2 plants this summer but one didn't do so hot. It put out different shaped pods that were round but tasted very similar. I decided not to grow them but a few people tried them.

Here's where I'm at and this was from op seeds also but the leaves look very similar to the mother plant in size and shape so far. I was just playing around and didn't expect this one to germinate so i didn't mark when i planted it and have no idea how old it is.

CAM02261_zpsa9b12fd7.jpg

smileyguy697 said:
Keep me posted Walter we can all compare pics and I'm curious what phenotypes will show up. Tbh i had 2 plants this summer but one didn't do so hot. It put out different shaped pods that were round but tasted very similar. I decided not to grow them but a few people tried them.

Here's where I'm at and this was from op seeds also but the leaves look very similar to the mother plant in size and shape so far. I was just playing around and didn't expect this one to germinate so i didn't mark when i planted it and have no idea how old it is.

CAM02261_zpsa9b12fd7.jpg
Yes sir, just don't get Annoyed by pic overload LOL, I have 3 live specimens and one is going in a DWC.

That seedling has a wicked color. Capsicum sativa? Lmao. Looks kinda chinense and nothing annuum or baccatum seems interesting. Keep us posted :D.

-Walt

I was doing my daily check and i have 5 of these little guys today. Now if they'll just hurry up and mature so i can get this show in the road!

CAM02278_zpsc61c6fa6.jpg

Vegas_Chili said:
That seedling has a wicked color. Capsicum sativa? Lmao. Looks kinda chinense and nothing annuum or baccatum seems interesting. Keep us posted :D.

-Walt
Yeah Walter, idk for sure but your right. It looks like a little chinense snuck in there. It's also growing more rapidly than the mother plant did. oh well.. Could turn up something cool (chocolate maybe) but soon as i get some ripe pods I'll I'll be in touch dude.

CAM02275_zpse3d16751.jpg

Awesome!! You're right about the leaf shape being close to the F1 plant. I really can't wait til mine get bigger to make a comparison. Right now they're getting they're first true leaves.

Anyone else growing this one?

-Walt

The F1's look and sound awesome enough, i wonder how all of the following lines will turn out.

Would be great if everyone involved would eventually post their pictures here.

And Smiley: planting an F2 from an un-isolated pod may turn out interesting :)

illWill said:
I'm growing unisolated seed of this as well. :)
I thought so...lol

One other thing i wanted to point out about these and I'm wondering if your guys plants do the same...

The op f2 i planted and the mother plant droop there leaves in the late evening. I didn't notice any other plants doing this. This is the same plant pictured above but the shot was taken a, couple hours later.

CAM02282_zpse093132c.jpg

smileyguy697 said:
I was doing my daily check and i have 5 of these little guys today. Now if they'll just hurry up and mature so i can get this show in the road!

CAM02278_zpsc61c6fa6.jpg

Very c. chinese looking leaves. What do the flowers look like? Do they have the spots from c. baccatum?

I'm joining this project after Christmas when I sow the seeds. I'll post pics here to contribute.

Back