• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Texas BBQ Payday (Candy Bar)!!

I noticed manufactures tailoring flavors to different regions, Like for example here in New Mex, Lays potato chips have flavors like burn your nuts off, or super spicy with extra spiciness. Texas is BBQ themed, in Cali it is cool smooth creamy sour cream ranch guacamole with guava flowers. I wonder what kind of chips they do in places like Maine? Lobster stew with extra lobster and a side of cod flavor

Voodoo 6 said:
I noticed manufactures tailoring flavors to different regions.....
Might have something to do with the contest Lay's has been running for the past few years, called "Do Us a Flavor." Consumers are supposed to send in their ideas for new flavors they'd like to see in a potato chip, and if Lay's liked the idea, they'll produce them. The flavors get judged, with winners, prizes, etc.

Some of them aren't too bad. Actually, I just polished off a bag of the BLT flavored ones yesterday, haha

http://www.masslive.com/food/2017/08/i_ate_all_19_lays_crazy_contes.html

BBQ nuts etc. are not a new concept, and always have sugar, this is not that odd in flavor at all, just a more gimmicky play from them, because that is "in".

Payday always played up the sweet and savory with the caramel and salt (that's why I like it), so this just ups the ante.

The Hot Pepper said:
BBQ nuts etc. are not a new concept, and always have sugar, this is not that odd in flavor at all, just a more gimmicky play from them, because that is "in".

Payday always played up the sweet and savory with the caramel and salt (that's why I like it), so this just ups the ante.

Payday was always one of my favs as a youngster. Loved its saltiness, I remember chocklatey payday and a brief special edition honey roasted.

Oh yeah the chocolate covered was the bomb, Payday was ahead of their time, way before the salt craze on sweets.

Back