• We welcome off-topic dicussion that is not political or divisive. If we feel your topic leans political or has the potentioal to become divisive, it may be removed at any time. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Texas Independence Day March 2, 1836

This "succeed" talk is killing me!!..lol..I was stationed at Ft. Hood for almost 3 years. I had a roommate who was from Texas. He kept saying "if Texas succeeds from the Union, it'll be the 6th biggest superpower in the world". After about the 50th time hearing that, I finally informed him that the word he was looking for was "secede" not "succeed" and for that matter if they did the military would still be the United States...not Texas's military. He also babbled on about me being a "yankee" and just couldn't seem to get it through his thick skull that the North won. That being said my grandfather lived in Texas for the last 35 years of his life and when I would visit and we would go fishing, it was some of the best Bass fishing I had ever encountered...
While at Texas A&M, I had a suitemate who was fond of telling me that his grandmother, "once shot the postman for wearing blue."...lol!

Back