• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Thank you, THP

I'm not a sappy person, but ALL of you are awesome.

When I joined this site, I was going through a pretty rough time in my life. I had recently lost my job of 10 years and I needed an outlet. You took me in, and made me feel welcome. Sometimes, even now, I come across a bit.....assholish. Some of you have called me out on it.

But you know what?

I deserved it.....and I'd like to say that I'm sorry.

JayT: If we lived closer together, I'm sure we'd have some crazy stories to share! I'd hang out with you anytime.

TB: What can I say......I wanna be you!!! You inspire everyone that frequents the food forums! Your wit and talent are why we have such a strong following.

Geeme: You came in fast and loud.....and I'm sorry we got off on the wrong foot. You truly bring a positive presence to the forums. If you ever made it in this direction, I'd buy you a beer.....and the plastic wrap to save the other half!

FD4, SUM, "Bear": You remind me that you're only as old as the beer in your fridge! THANK YOU for all the stories your pictures tell. You make everyone SMILE!

AJ: Haven't "seen" you in a while. I miss our Sunday Bloody Mary battles! I still break out your purees when I want to melt off someone's head.

HSL: What can I say......I'm your biggest fan! To this day, I bet nobody else calls you that.

Nova, Gas, DTS, Mel, Moy, and the rest of you crazy Aussies: You make me want to move there. I can only imagine what it'd be like to all get together and throwdown for real!! Waking up every morning to the comments from the "nightshift" kept me coming back!!!

PF: I hope you come back. You are missed! I'm still working through the insane powders you sent me!!

All the others that I haven't mentioned: I'd welcome you to my home, and offer you a cold beer(s)......

.....just don't urinate in the potted plants. ;)

But most of all.....THANK YOU, THP. You could have booted me on so many occasions.....but you seemed to know that I was in a bad spot. You, somehow, keep control of all of us lunatics and still maintain good humor. I tip my hat to you, sir.

Sorry if I'm rambling....but I just felt I needed to say these things.

Keep calm....and carry on! ;)

Good to see you in such good spirits! No thanks needed here, I didn't do anything, I knew you would be back to your normal self soon and posting ridiculous seafood and other TD spreads that could feed an army a navy. :) The good old days.

Now get to it.

We all go through some pretty rough (and dark) times in our lives, and having a place where we can vent our frustrations is usually a good thing. I've been there, I've done that, and I've caught my share of flak for oversharing, taking things the wrong way, and saying things that could very easily be taken the wrong way.

I am Salsa Lady's nearest bro. I still only "assume" what the 'H' stands for....?

wait... is this a Dear Jon letter? or "Goodbye"? well f**k that!

I will pinch HSL's ass for you when she won't expect it, and give you all the credit....

You're Welcome.

Thank you for your service, Sir.

Have fun on deployment Paul! You'll be able to pop in here from time to time I am certain. Maybe even borrow the galley for a TD!!! Ha!!! Next time on sea duty Imma do just that!

Paul, I hope for a safe deployment for you and am glad you as THP said are in good spirits. We will miss you while you are gone. If at all possible pop in while you are out. Unitl then we will be thinking of you.

Way to make the pregnant lady cry btw.....lol. it's all good really. I am highly emotional so j/k.

We will have to have a Paulky's Deployment throwdown. Everyone has to cook on a boat.
Good luck and stay safe Paul.

HSL: What can I say......I'm your biggest fan! To this day, I bet nobody else calls you that.

And I bet I'm the only one who calls you Pauly.

Thanks for the kind words, be safe, and we'll see you back in the kitchen in your bikini in two shakes of a lambs tail. xoxo

I am Salsa Lady's nearest bro. I still only "assume" what the 'H' stands for....?
I will pinch HSL's ass for you when she won't expect it, and give you all the credit....
You're Welcome.

and you would earn~
11cdde94.jpg

JayT- we'd all have to make a seafood fondue in the boat.

I'm suddenly craving potato salad...and it's Paulky's fault! :lol:

Stay safe P., and, if possibly, dazzle us with some curry magic this weekend!!!!! :D

It is a very good place to spend some time.

Best of luck to you Paul. Keep your head down and come back safe and sound. Take care. You ever need something let me know.

By the way Paulky - expect to hear from Rocket (or one of us) - Some of us have been scheming to maybe send you some shit while you're gone. No, not literally. That would be gross.

Back