• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Thanksgiving....

this year i deep fried a turkey...man it was good. if you ever deep fry one you got to inject it with the marinaide or it kinda dries out.
that and i ate entirely to mutch food.

well i was gonna start a thread about what you all were going to make..particularly any spicy items..and i did a search and there was this thread.

i have yet to put together my own thanksgiving dinner..so far i just eat what my parents make or if we go over to someone elses house then i eat what they made. this year is the same...gonna drive to the other coast and go with my parents and brother over to my aunts house for dinner. my dad as usually will be making the turkey..i believe on the grill.

i've always wanted to try deep fried turkey but haven't had the chance too.

anyone have any spicy side dishes that aren't too intensive (prep wise..and heat wise (mainly since i would be sharing it with the rest of the group)) ?? i'm still thinking of something to put together and pack in some tupperware for the trip over..but i haven't come up with much...granted i just started thinking about it a minute ago hah.

edit...to answer the original question..we pretty much just have all the traditional foods. turkey, mashed potatoes, carrots, sweet potatoes, green beans, crannberry jelly, etc. i can't wait for thanksgiving! :)

I will be making a coupe of stuffed rabbits to take over to my parents house along with the ususal turkey my Mother makes. The rabbits are stuffed with hot italian sausage, fennel, onions and garlic. I then baste the rabbit with a dry white wine and fresh lemon juice.

mmmmm - good stuff!

Dan@BLP Labels said:
I will be making a coupe of stuffed rabbits to take over to my parents house along with the ususal turkey my Mother makes. The rabbits are stuffed with hot italian sausage, fennel, onions and garlic. I then baste the rabbit with a dry white wine and fresh lemon juice.

mmmmm - good stuff!

damn...those do sound good

I just did a trial run of this dish this weekend and it turned out fantastic. I might add a little more heat to the stuffing as the hot italian sausages weren't as hot as I thouht they would be.

Dan@BLP Labels said:

mmmmm - good stuff!

Yuuum...that sounds awesome....send one over..:P

Seeing as how I have been cooking more and more often, I have been lovingly volunteered to make a Turkey. So, I will make a turkey, I am thinking something spicy, maybe cajun injected or something of the like. Any good recipes? I will also be making some more of Tinas cheese spread for everyone who missed it.

This year i am going to try a Jamaican Jerk Turkey..with my not yet famous jerk sauce..:)
I already had a lot of :P from my relatives but i am going to try it anyway...:)

:)
Wrap that turkey in aluminum foil
The mullet likes to masturbate with baby oil:shocked:
gobble gobble goo and gobble gobble gickle
I wish that turkey only cost a nickel.:P

Hillbilly Chili said:
:)
Wrap that turkey in aluminum foil
The mullet likes to masturbate with baby oil:shocked:
gobble gobble goo and gobble gobble gickle
I wish that turkey only cost a nickel.:P
Ok, that's not appropriate for this thread. :)

Well sh*t, kinda took the fun out of that then.
Adam Sandler did an old thanksgiving tune with it on Saturday Night Live. check it out dude, its a classic.
I just replaced "Brother" with "Mullet".........so I consider you a bro, Bro

Hillbilly Chili said:
Well sh*t, kinda took the fun out of that then.
Adam Sandler did an old thanksgiving tune with it on Saturday Night Live. check it out dude, its a classic. I just replaced "Brother" with "Mullet".........so I consider you a bro, Bro
Ah, I see now.

Hillbilly Chili said:
sorry dude, i didnt think I was typing that outloud"-)

You do remember the Sandler SNL spoof dont ya?

Ha! I do....and when i read this, i went back and read those lyrics again and i could hear him(in my head) singing 'em!

Back