• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

the 7 Pod test

AlabamaJack said:
Capsaicin prevents nerve cells from communicating with each other by blocking the production of certain neurotransmitters; at high concentrations it destroys the cells!

So this could permanently destroy your sense of taste? Then why does IGG, Hippie, myself, and a lot of other crazies on here still have theirs?

Philipperv said:
So this could permanently destroy your sense of taste? Then why does IGG, Hippie, myself, and a lot of other crazies on here still have theirs?

Just a guess about why, but I would say it is because there are 'zillions' of the synapses and/or you haven't reached the toxic level yet...

too much of anything could possibly be toxic...

Andrew just did his, and its on way up. oh i didn't tell him how hot it was, or had he seen the vid so was a Blind test for him :)

i asked at one stage if he'd like a drink as didn't look to good at 1 stage during, then he had to go home a bit later as not well and had to go eat.

link up when its there :)

my sense of taste is back properly,, but went for botu 20 hrs,,all i get is a weird metallish type taste when eat or drink anything, but sometimes the sense doesn't go like when i did the Bhut / bih /Savina , but still get that metally taste thingy,
dunno any1 else get it ?

I have yet to read about anyone that has actually killed their sense of taste with capsicum. There was a previous discussion on this board that centered around the theory that 1 thing some hardcore chili eaters had in common was that they lacked a proper sense of smell. IGG said that he had no sense of smell at all and my sense of smell is pretty weak. I'm not sure if this is just a coincidence or that there may be something to it.

Hey THSC save some seeds they were isloated pretty much so should grow straight, they are good cultivar seriously hot and plenty of flavour I used a pod in a fish curry I made tonight came out hot as, a little goes a long way lol.
looking forward to the vid.

Philipperv said:
I have yet to read about anyone that has actually killed their sense of taste with capsicum. There was a previous discussion on this board that centered around the theory that 1 thing some hardcore chili eaters had in common was that they lacked a proper sense of smell. IGG said that he had no sense of smell at all and my sense of smell is pretty weak. I'm not sure if this is just a coincidence or that there may be something to it.

I've heard that people who have poor smell or taste will naturally compensate by eating stronger/spicier foods. I know my sniffer ain't too good

he is Ok, a few mudshakes (a milky alcohol drink) and seeems Jolly,,

here it is Andrew (naganivana) doin the 7 pod.............
hope ya like it :)

excellent video with vivid description...way to go Andrew...bravo

i love it, funny as (especially when he finds out why its called 7 pot near the end as i didn't tell him )

and good fun watching for a change :)

Is this a 7 Pot or is it just happy to see me? :P

iC6A1B7B0-6B78-44B6-BF74-7059CD31BC92.jpg

i198465A2-B608-4F8B-A5BE-9BBB95C86258.jpg

iBE6C6D69-243B-4688-9C70-49C802329E05.jpg

Back