• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

the bird is the word

so the other day i walked outside to sit under the gazibo and enjoy the weather.when i discovered this taking up residence in it.interestingly enough i wasnt attacked like in that one alfred hitchkoch movie,even when i didnt know their was an occupant.when i did know,i was able to get pretty close and in its defense it stayed motionless.wasnt able to see what was inside the nest ,but pretty cool right? the bird is the word
bird.jpg
[/img]

Yep, we had a family of robins build a nest on a small ( about 4 inches wide) box beside our meter. We just left them to raise babies. Mom would sit on top of the lawn swing and dad took his post on peak of the garage to watch the people in the driveway. All have now left their nest.

Nice,I just walked out today bout 1:00pm.and saw mom had just left the gazebo only to land on the red picket fence 20 feet away.probably scouting for food or more nesting materiel.hope your bird nest on your box wasn't a problem,cause if u get to close and get your scent in the nest the mother will reject the chicks.that happen to me once when I was little.I climbed a tree that had a nest and wanted to get a real good look at what was inside.the very next day to my shock I see a dead chick.but any way I won't be having any cookouts for awhile :)

Back