• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

The Dollar Menu Dare!

I would recommend going down to 1/4 ounce at most. I'm all for watching people eat hot stuff and suffering for a few minutes. What you guys are going to experience with 1/2 ounce is going to hurt. Not for the few minutes the burn will last I'm talking about your insides. This could actually be dangerous. At least be smart enough to eat half a gallon of ice cream beforehand. Fill your stomach up with dairy products to help move it through. If a lump of powder was to sit in one spot in your body for any amount of time it might eat a freaking hole in you.

It's things like this that we read about in some local paper. "Man eats record amount of hot pepper powder, survives 12 hour surgery to put melted intestine pieces back together." You know what I'm talking about. All of us read about it and say what kind of idiot would try to eat that much pepper powder. Make it 1/8 of an ounce.

Contests get people killed all the time. Not saying this will kill anyone but I'm willing to bet a few of you, if not all, will wish you were dead at some point.

Musky, I'm puling out of this one. I can handle heat better than most, but I'm genuinely worried about my health if I participate in this one. Sorry guys.

Musky, I'm puling out of this one. I can handle heat better than most, but I'm genuinely worried about my health if I participate in this one. Sorry guys.

No problem , JHR. I wouldn't do it either. :lol:

So, what do the rest of you guys think? McDouble, or "any single patty sandwich"? Vote on a winner? I would like to get the rules sorted out this weekend so I can send the powder out on monday.

Seriously its 14 grams I SMASHED 8 grams with no problem GAME ON

But, but, that was in 19 minutes.

This is nearly twice as much powder in about a quarter (5 minutes) of that time.

And we get to see the After Burn' this time.

Still GAME ON ???

Good Luck Biz !!!!

Not to mention at least a couple of those 8 grams were not superhot. Every variety in this powder blend is a scorcher.

What do you guys think about 1 bite every minute until the sandwich is gone instead of the 5 minute limit? Just thinking out loud...

Not to mention at least a couple of those 8 grams were not superhot. Every variety in this powder blend is a scorcher.

What do you guys think about 1 bite every minute until the sandwich is gone instead of the 5 minute limit? Just thinking out loud...

the 1 bite every minute would be suicide. 5 minute rule is much more sensible

I'll get a McDouble today. Never had one, and would like to see the options for loading that much powder onto it.

I'll vote later based on my personal findings :)

Musky, can I make a suggestion?

Use the McRib (if it's still available) or a big mac. The sauce from either will keep the powder in place so they don't inhale it. I have been in the unfortunate disposition of inhaling your powder, and the TINY bit that I got in my lungs (it spit when I opened the bag and I didn't notice) hurt. That kind of an amount needs something to hold it in place.

Otherwise... Mayo will do the trick.

1/2 ounce of powder on a small sandwich will fall off. Way too much powder for something small and that is from experience. As already mentioned above, the pizza challenge I did was a single gram per bag and it swamped each piece. I love the idea just not sure how the vessel will work for that much powder.

Good luck all.

Yes it would suck, but it would give you time to realize what you are getting yourself into. I would feel horrible if someone pounded down the sandwich in 15 seconds and ended up going to the hospital or something.

As hot as it will be, I really don't think anyone would go anywhere but the nearest bathroom... Or trash can :D

Capsaicin has a notorious and well deserved reputation of signalling instant rejection.

Use the McRib (if it's still available) or a big mac. The sauce from either will keep the powder in place so they don't inhale it. I have been in the unfortunate disposition of inhaling your powder, and the TINY bit that I got in my lungs (it spit when I opened the bag and I didn't notice) hurt. That kind of an amount needs something to hold it in place.

I was thinking of getting my sandwich condiment free, and mixing the powder into mayo, and ketchup. All on camera of course. Two reasons: I don't want to drop any, nor do I want a mouth full of dust. Start coughing because of irritated lungs, and it's over anyway. No recovery from that.

That is a very good point. I have also inhaled powder, and it is no fun. One time I got a good dose in my lungs, and I couldn't breath for a few seconds... went straight into panic mode. Scary stuff.

PLEASE BE CAREFUL PEOPLE!

I'm fine with whatever sandwich the contestents decide on. They are the ones eating it, so it's up to them. It doesn't need to be a small sandwich. 14 grams is 14 grams, and it will hurt on any sandwich. A lot.

From watching hubby eat brain strains and douglahs and other superhot pods whole I must agree with making sure that you eat something thats not spicy before hand as well as a couple of glasses of milk before hand I also recommend. He has gotten pretty tore up off of eating whole pods and I could only imagine 1/2oz of powder, seeing there's the equivalent of so many whole pods.

As far as sandwich I would say the McDouble would be a good one. It comes with ketchup and I think mustard that the powder can stick too but depending on the McDonalds you go to you either get a lot of sauce or very little. So I might also recommend that everyone gets two or three packets of ketchup to add to their burgers to help hold powder on.

Hope everyone has fun!

Unless you ask for extra Mac sauce they don't put on as much as they used too. McRib may work too. JMO I think everyone should eat the same one. :)

maybe take the half and stir it into a small spoon of mayo, spread it inbetween 2 slices of bread. then eat that shizze

Back