• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

The Dollar Menu Dare!

I can't speak for the BIZ, but don't even think about doing that. As a contestant, I genuinely appreciate the gesture, but there's no need for it. Keep that money, and buy that little one a new pair of WARM shoes:)

Cheers!

Not at all.

But I wasn't trying to change the rules. I thought you were being humorous, and tried to respond in kind. Just a misunderstanding.

And I suggested stirring the powder into a condiment like ketchup or mayo quite a few posts ago. That would solve a lot of the issues that I saw when I compared the amount of powder to the McDouble side by side :)

I'll take your advice man. I just wanted to contribute to this awesome site that has seriously made me feel like I have been a member for years even though I signed up only recently. Plus, seriously, anyone who finishes this challenge deserves every prize offered to them for doing so.

Okay.. So I bought a McDouble, and see a McProblem. Only because of the amount of space vs. the amount of powder. Here's a pic of just under a half ounce of powder next to the burger (Those bags are really close to 7 grams a piece, the yellow one is a little light, because it goes good on eggs in the morning. But if the bag was full it would be a full quarter)

2eocljs.jpg

The problem is sheer volume. I dumped a couple of grams of Blair's Death Rain powder on it just to see how it would be. I needed to use both sides of the bun, and it was still dropping off the dry part of the patties when I picked it up to eat it. Also, even though I let it sit for a little bit I still inhaled a touch of dry powder. I would have done a test run and used the two bags you see in the pic, but those are all I have left of the good stuff, and I would have wasted a bunch of it. I was a little reluctant to do that for obvious reasons.

So as I said before I think the best way to handle this is to let us stir it into the condiment of our choice. Whether that be ketchup, or mayo, or mustard. That would stick, and as I think it was Musky who mentioned earlier, the double burger even though it is small, would let us use multiple layers so it wouldn't squeeze out as easy.

Now some McFacts. In a normal pace of bites and chews, it took me 9 bites and just under 3 minutes to get through the McDouble. I think just eating the burger in a somewhat normal fashion will be more than adequate. The heat alone will cause any bite after the first one to be a tad more deliberate than normal. The key is whatever time you guys want to set up as the inglorious "afterburn" should any of us manage to get that far.

I'm game for whatever burger everyone decides on. The diminutive size of the McDouble would be a challenge, but that's the point anyway. I don't think this will rank as one of the better meals I've ever had, and will put the legendary Four Horseman burger to shame. Not to mention it will be the closest thing I've ever done to having a shot at keeping up with Johnny Knoxville. I've never considered that as a lofty ambition, but hey... Anything in the name of science and spice :D

I see your point. It wouldn't be easy to get all that powder on one McDouble. I also like the idea of using any condiments you want. It would just need to stay on the sandwich(s).

Yeah - that's probably the best way. I still don't think the mcdouble has enough real estate.

Here's a thought - it's .99 for a mcdouble w/cheese, so just do two, order them dry. Allow each contestant to mix powers in whatever condiment they choose of the standard "ketchup/mustard/mayo". I suggest this as everyone has different tastes and I don't see an advantage of using any (though Mayo is fatty, which could help or hurt since capsaicin is oil soluble ) - don't think it's really fair to say, force someone who hates Mayo to mix up their power in mayo and eat something they hate. This'll be hard enough. Combos are ok too - hell, use all 3 condiments mixed with powder. It's immaterial to the contest really.

So yeah - 2 McDoubles w/cheese. Easy solution. Approximately 6 mins of entertainment watching y'all eat them, then 5 mins of afterburn for our amusement.

Perfect
:D

God that is gonna be brutal. I'm upping my contribution to the prize pool to 2 x 3-packs of Lucky Dog Hot Sauce, 2 bottles of each. I figure I need to go big on the prize if y'all are going big on the qty.

Let's try to get a couple more hot heads to compete - seems like we'd need 3 or more willing victims.

Good luck gents - I applaud your foolishness.
:woohoo:

I like it, LDHS.

Very generous prize offer as well!

2 McDoubles. Any condiments you want, as long as everything stays on the burgers. 10 minute time limit to finish the burgers, and a 5 minute after burn period. If more than one member completes the dare it goes to a vote to determine a winner. I will send the powder in 2 bags. 1/4 oz each. 1 bag for each burger to keep it consistent. Does that sound alright? I will edit the original post with the revised rules today (sunday) at 5:00 pm CST if there are no objections from the contestents.

2 McDoubles. Any condiments you want, as long as everything stays on the burgers. 10 minute time limit to finish the burgers, and a 5 minute after burn period. If more than one member completes the dare it goes to a vote to determine a winner. I will send the powder in 2 bags. 1/4 oz each. 1 bag for each burger to keep it consistent. Does that sound alright? I will edit the original post today (sunday) at 5:00 pm CST if there are no objections from the contestents.

I gots NOOOOO objections :D

Anybody got any ideas on how to increase pain tolerance? The hottest pepper I've ever had is a pepperoncini. It like to tore me up...

It's all good, and I'll add anything that might be needed or asked.

Some-Hot, thanks for your generous spirit. Take care of that little chilehead that's on the way. That's the most important thing right now.

It's all good, and I'll add anything that might be needed or asked.

Thank you, SL, and thanks for the offer of ramping up the dare to another level, but I don't think adding more heat at this point is such a good idea. This is already a beast of a dare, and more than half of the members that signed up have already had second thoughts. It would be great if more than two people attempt it, but making it even harder will most likely deter more people from entering. If anyone makes this look easy, then yes, we will need to think of something Purely Evil for the next one. ;)

edit: I have an idea. I feel like I should offer a prize, but all I really have to offer is more powder.How about $25 worth of Texas Creek products (paid for by me) to the winner?

Musky, how about...... 2 bottles of Texas Creek Products, or 1 bottle of Pure Evil...Winners choice... from me....

as for the challenge, I was only concerned about the physics of consuming an "amount" of powder. I'm sure the heat level of the powder will be plenty high enough without any additional ingredients. Don't want any confusion or muddling... :cool:

Very generous of you, SL! :P

I guess I misunderstood you about adding more heat.

My offer still stands as well, if it is alright with you.

Naga Chomper buddy I sure hope you're talking smack about never eating anything hotter than a Pepperoncini. If that's true you may want to have an ambulance standing by or eat this in a hospital emergency room.

Everything is perfectly clear. Camera on and everything in view from the time of opening the packets, to the end of the afterburn should that point be achieved. Powder can be stirred into condiment of choice as long as all of it manages to stay on the burgers. The only thing not specifically addressed now is something to drink while attempting to eat the two delicious bundles of joy...

Any thoughts?

Everything is perfectly clear. Camera on and everything in view from the time of opening the packets, to the end of the afterburn should that point be achieved. Powder can be stirred into condiment of choice as long as all of it manages to stay on the burgers. The only thing not specifically addressed now is something to drink while attempting to eat the two delicious bundles of joy...

Any thoughts?

I like the idea of drinking being a disqualifier - since there's prizes on the line now, this is a good means of elimination. Especially if this opens up to 3-4-5-6 people.

Maybe each contestant has a 6 oz cup of water they are allowed to drink, and an ice cold beer and/or glass of milk in front of them the whole time.

That makes the last 5 mins a lot of fun to watch. :woohoo:

All just suggestions of course.

Agree Biz - but how much? 6 oz? 8 oz? unlimited?

water doesn't really help the burn, but it does help wash down the evil, so maybe limit the amount?

Back