• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

The Dreaded Ring-of-Fire

The Ring-of-Fire, we've all had this irritating problem the next morning after a nice night of ingesting pepper products...does anyone know a way around this?

imaguitargod said:
The Ring-of-Fire, we've all had this irritating problem the next morning after a nice night of ingesting pepper products...does anyone know a way around this?

Hold it in?
Insert cork into said orifice and hang on for dear life?

Perhaps the use of "wet ones" or whatever they're called in the US? Moisturised wipes.

Not tried it, but might do the job :)

imaguitargod said:

Wow, those naga's must have been hell on the old alimentary canal, huh? :)

Skydiver said:
Wow, those naga's must have been hell on the old alimentary canal, huh? :)
3 hours worth of discomfort... hence what got me thinking about cures...I think baby wipes would just spread it...

imaguitargod said:
3 hours worth of discomfort... hence what got me thinking about cures...I think baby wipes would just spread it...

What works in the mouth? I've seen that vegetable oil on the hands can help with skin irritation, what about after eating a bunch of nuclear peppers you follow it with a few tablespoons of olive oil? might help things lower in the digestive tract.

Skydiver said:
What works in the mouth? I've seen that vegetable oil on the hands can help with skin irritation, what about after eating a bunch of nuclear peppers you follow it with a few tablespoons of olive oil? might help things lower in the digestive tract.

Vegetable oil? I don't think so. The ultimate in taking the bite out of heat is pure unadulterated white table sugar. When faced with the exquisite bliss of a carbon fire in the mouth, simply eat a tablespoon of sugar, swish it around for about 10 seconds, and VOILA! Quickest and easiest way yet.

Skydiver said:

I know this may sound crazy, but for the mouth, take a good hit of vodka, swish around and spit out(do NOT swallow...you'll regret it later on, trust me...i'm a boozer). It's amazing how well it works.

As for after the mouth, i haven't found much to quell the nuclear fusion except time(and a good seatbelt bolted on the toilet so you don't hit your head on the ceiling...)

Ok then I think I’ve got it…….
Suck on a rocket pop while administering a
“vodka and sugar enema” followed with a colonoscopy.
Then you can use the baby wipes for the tears

If this seems a little complicated you can always use the “old tried and true”……
Sit on a Orange Sherbet Push-Up balanced in approximately 2 to 3 lbs of white sugar and apply weight to accommodate appropriate level of pain.
FYI Best done outside.:(

Hillbilly Chili said:
Ok then I think I’ve got it…….
Suck on a rocket pop while administering a
“vodka and sugar enema” followed with a colonoscopy.
Then you can use the baby wipes for the tears

If this seems a little complicated you can always use the “old tried and true”……
Sit on a Orange Sherbet Push-Up balanced in approximately 2 to 3 lbs of white sugar and apply weight to accommodate appropriate level of pain.
FYI Best done outside.:(

Talk about freaking out the neighbors....you might want to go way out into the woods for this one

A bunch of wusses for certain.....I don't get the ring of fire, never have..... You should change to cleaner living if you get the ring of fire.........

Plain table salt in the mouth works fine. Let a couple of pinches sit on your tongue w/o swallowing until the heat goes away. Salt activates the vanillin receptors in your mouth.

Back