• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

favorite The Fatalii is my Favorite Hot Pepper..

at least for right now. Why, you ask? Because they taste incredible and have a stupid amount of heat. I grew some balls tonite and bit one in half and ate it. :mouthonfire: My gawd! First the flavor...very juicy and habbish,,,,then the heat. Oooooo the heat. Very, very intense for close to 10 minutes but devilishly good! Sweating and hiccups...nice. Another 20 minutes of strong afterburn....Mmmmm.

Who else digs the fatalii?

Fatalii-Multi-Color-Pod-072.jpg

I'm just kickin myself for not growing these! I bitched cause I wasn't finding yellow ones... and here I find out at the very end, they might get orangey!I feel dumb! I will grow these next year for sure!

Love the regular yellow Fatalii, got to be top five pepper ever. Made a sauce of straight Fatalii and it is beautiful and hot. You can be sure that I will be growing this Fatalii every year. If I could only grow five chili this would be one.:mouthonfire:
IMG_2797.jpg

Yup, it's a real winner! This one has a flavor that is beyond description, and really unique in the chinense world. I've even made Fatalii puree with just peppers, vinegar, and salt in the past and it's still my favorite hot sauce to date.

I did a similar thing as you recently Petey, but my pod was green still. It had some kind of fungal rot in a spot due to an insect bite, so I cut that out and took a nice big sniff. Man, it smelled so good, even green, I just couldn't help but take a big bite. Bit clean up to the seeds near the stem, and learned quickly that these pods pack a punch even when not ripe! That pod whooped my ass for nearly 20 minutes, and had me wondering how I could be dumb enough to doubt a green Fatalii. Great pepper, and one that should be in everybody's garden who loves taste with their heat!

I took one to work yesterday (Yes Joe, that one).
We cut it up, and my co-workers are used to seeing me eat anything and have no real reaction.
Gentlemen.....this pepper kicked my ass 6 ways to Sunday and kept it coming for 10 minutes!!
I have eaten all varieties of 7-pot, Naga's, bhuts, etc. This was way WAY hotter! I fully understand that not only is each plant an individual, but each fruit is as well, but sweet GOD this this hurt!!!
Amazing perfumy fragrance, then WHAM! The inner placenta was dripping with orange capsaicin that was soon running down the white plastic knife!
More than any other pepper that I have ever experienced, this one really earned my respect!

*ouch*

Fataliis are my favorite. I made a sauce with them last year that everyone said was the best I have ever made. Unfortunately, my dumb arse didn't write it down and measure as I made it. This year my mission will be to recreate that sauce.

Kicks your ass but with kick-ass flavor. Fataliis have been on the top of my list for many years now, and it never dissapoints.

My plants are loaded with green pods now, a few more weeks and i should be able to taste my first fresh fatalii. Can't frikkin wait!

Fatalii is my favorite, and also it's the hottest pepper I've grown so far of over 60 varieties that I've tried. The fatalii's have been consistently hotter than any of the habaneros I've grown. The fruity flavor is just a mouthful of joy, although the burn that strips the back of the throat is intense sometimes. The cumari and datils that I've grown have pretty much the same kind of delicious fruityness, but a lot less heat. I've grown the yellow fatalii, the golden fatalii, the devils tongue and the "super datil" and they are pretty much the same heat and flavor. This season, thanks to trading seeds with several of you here, I've got a few of the superhots in the garden,7pot,bhut,and scorpion, and I'm looking forward to tasting them... just had some of the prik kee noo thai peppers with lunch today, they have a really nice flavor and about a 9 heat...

apple pie

@apple pie,
Be careful with the 7pot. I ate half of a green pod, it burned from my tongue to my gut for 10+ minutes.:mouthonfire:
Between my Scorpion and 7pot plants, I have hundreds of pods.:)

My Fatilli plants are doing so-so. I hope I will be able to try one.

captainpepper said:
I really want to try this one out...i love the fact that it's both tasty and hot as hell:onfire:
Well why won't you just grow it then? or you could just stop by when I have my next harvest.

Back