• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

The Friday thread... tgif

f7dd0934237b0029751f64349305e625.jpg

TGIF!

70d52762c9743116aa2b8291e9d9acc9.jpg

TGIF, 4 more hours of work then I head to my job interview with buckeye. I've already had one interview and this is a follow up. Hoping they make me an offer though i'll be showing up in work clothes and tired as hell this time. Probably still an improvement over showing up with the flu like last time. Pays more, better benefits and eventually get a truck. Only down side is it's a 45 min drive in heavy traffic on a good day. 

Still waiting to hear back from the refinery. They had said they would let everyone know around the first week of april.. .well that weeks almost over lol. Would be a hard decision between the two. 

Refinery pro is closer, pays $39hr after 18mo, 8% 401k match, pension,2 weeks vaca at start steel workers union,

con it's a refinery, rotating 12hr shifts that are like D off NNN off off DD of of off NNNN weird flip floppy shit like that, don't know much about it and would be lots of training with potential to be put in a unit where I have to wear supplied air all day (hate that) goes boom. 

Buckeye pro is i'd get a truck, pipelines so out of facility often, auto 5% 401k additional 5% match so total up to 10% , 2 weeks vaca at start, gasoline, jet fuel, ethanol so all clean products, all ready know what i'm doing. I'd be back on normal mon-fri day shifts so I can participate in TD's again. Just on call for a week a month. 

Con: $30hr (still more than my $21hr now so barely a con), shitty traffic on drive home I55, still can go boom, no pension. 

I also just applied at a pipeline place that's like 5 min from my house but i've applied there before and didn't get anywhere so we shall see. No idea on what it pays. 

D3monic said:
TGIF, 4 more hours of work then I head to my job interview with buckeye. I've already had one interview and this is a follow up. Hoping they make me an offer though i'll be showing up in work clothes and tired as hell this time. Probably still an improvement over showing up with the flu like last time. Pays more, better benefits and eventually get a truck. Only down side is it's a 45 min drive in heavy traffic on a good day. 

Still waiting to hear back from the refinery. They had said they would let everyone know around the first week of april.. .well that weeks almost over lol. Would be a hard decision between the two. 

Refinery pro is closer, pays $39hr after 18mo, 8% 401k match, pension,2 weeks vaca at start steel workers union,

con it's a refinery, rotating 12hr shifts that are like D off NNN off off DD of of off NNNN weird flip floppy shit like that, don't know much about it and would be lots of training with potential to be put in a unit where I have to wear supplied air all day (hate that) goes boom. 

Buckeye pro is i'd get a truck, pipelines so out of facility often, auto 5% 401k additional 5% match so total up to 10% , 2 weeks vaca at start, gasoline, jet fuel, ethanol so all clean products, all ready know what i'm doing. I'd be back on normal mon-fri day shifts so I can participate in TD's again. Just on call for a week a month. 

Con: $30hr (still more than my $21hr now so barely a con), shitty traffic on drive home I55, still can go boom, no pension. 

I also just applied at a pipeline place that's like 5 min from my house but i've applied there before and didn't get anywhere so we shall see. No idea on what it pays.
Good luck D3. My only comment about the commute is that 45 minutes would be considered a great...and I mean great...commute in the NYC area.

Friday, Grout day. I can either kill myself and grout the whole house (Entry, Hallway, 3 bathrooms. Slate tile with base trim) about 750 sq. ft. total, OR I can have an easier day and do half of it today. Down side is I will have grout to look forward to on Monday. Either way, it's Friday and my liquor cabinet is going to get assaulted tonight!

:cheers:

Back