• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

The fun begins

No sooner I bring my cuttings I have spidermites..I sprayed today but damn I just brought these plants in lol I cant wait to see the rest of this winters supprises lol

No what you mean bought so of mine inside and now its whitefly..You gotta love nature..Or maybe not sometimes :lol:

talas said:
No what you mean bought so of mine inside and now its whitefly..You gotta love nature..Or maybe not sometimes :lol:

I found whitefly and blackfly today smothered over the highest leaves of the plants near the greenhouse window, they all looked dead but I sprayed the b*st*rds anyway. I expect if they were dead that they died from hypothermia.

rainbowberry said:
I found whitefly and blackfly today smothered over the highest leaves of the plants near the greenhouse window, they all looked dead but I sprayed the b*st*rds anyway. I expect if they were dead that they died from hypothermia.

ye i put a fire emblem plant outside covered with white fly and those late night temps did the trick :)

cheezydemon said:
I will have a lady bug room someday. I will just place infested plants in there and watch the feast.

I sprayed my plants with ladybug food and it attracted a few. The problem with ladybugs is they don't feed or breed too well in the winter when they are needed the most.

I realize I am a newbie here... maybe here for a while, maybe not... but what is with all the same avatars? An inside thing apparently... care to share? Anyone?

shredster said:
I realize I am a newbie here... maybe here for a while, maybe not... but what is with all the same avatars? An inside thing apparently... care to share? Anyone?
Well, I'm still trying to figue that one out. For about a year now, people have been copying my avater.

imaguitargod said:
Well, I'm still trying to figue that one out. For about a year now, people have been copying my avater.

haha... well at least I got a reply from the originator! A funny thing amongst the long time regulars no doubt. Trippy avatar to say the least.

you mean I have something in common with the site's guru? LOL... my mom's side of the family is from Cleveland (Shaker Heights to be exact) and Jimmy Page is my idol.

shredster said:
you mean I have something in common with the site's guru? LOL... my mom's side of the family is from Cleveland (Shaker Heights to be exact) and Jimmy Page is my idol.
Shaker Heights is right next to University Heights where I was raised!!!

Cool. I'm 46 now but had visited Shaker Heights several times during my childhood. I have fond memories of laying coins on the train tracks and getting a kick out of watching the trains pancake them.

shredster said:
Cool. I'm 46 now but had visited Shaker Heights several times during my childhood. I have fond memories of laying coins on the train tracks and getting a kick out of watching the trains pancake them.
Ah yes, good ol' RTA tracks.

Back