• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

The Great Kiwi Pepper Thread

right so as well as buying some plants ive got a few reaper and dorset naga seeds germinating. the reaper seeds were from a commercially bought plant i had last yest and the naga was from a seedling gifted by sentencedtoburn last year. hopefully they germinate, ive got them in jiffy grow cells in a seedling germinator in the sun so the temp should get up there to stimulate gegmination i hope.

Hey so I sent off an email to the address on the link you sent, pepperonis ver.com@gmail.com but never heard back. Is that the best way to get in contact with Judy?

CarterKeynaee said:
Hey so I sent off an email to the address on the link you sent, pepperonis ver.com@gmail.com but never heard back. Is that the best way to get in contact with Judy?

That was ment to be pepperlovers.com@hotmail.com. Autocorrect... Also I can't edit my own posts, anyone know why that is?

update:The MOA's sprouted, albeit 2/8 and those 2 in the same jiffy pallet i.e too difficult to separate, So as it stands, i'm considering cloning the moa's to increase the likelihood of success,  The plants/plant are slow in progression and i fear i cannot provide a quality specimen before your visit in January. However the weather is ideal at present and i anticipate good growth all going well. Pests management is top priority this year, no signs of psyllids but multiple attacks from ants/aphids which have been neutralized by neem oil aplication when necessary.  will update..
Good luck all.

Hey FireFly, how are your MOAs coming? i manged to get some MOA seeds off a guy in Hamilton but too late for this season and the look very average as it is. I will be in Palmy this Thursday until Saturday. Did you manage to get any clones going that I could get my hands on one?

CarterKeynaee said:
Hey FireFly, how are your MOAs coming? i manged to get some MOA seeds off a guy in Hamilton but too late for this season and the look very average as it is. I will be in Palmy this Thursday until Saturday. Did you manage to get any clones going that I could get my hands on one?

Sorry for the cold shoulder CarterKeynaee, Have been on a working holiday for 4weeks! Well Moa is alive and just starting to come back to health, Due to a busy schedule and a bit of neglect the chilli plants this year have been very slow until now.
Had them hardening off and... well just left in a little mini greenhouse until they where ready to join toms/eggplant in the big greenhouse however due to a massive pest issue (thrip) decide to hold off for a bit until that issue was sorted.
The mini greenhouse was on concrete conveniently out the back door step and with the very hot dry summer we've had i believe the roots just cooked causing them to go into a sort of stasis.

Eventually the plants went very yellow and lost a lot of leaves, this was very confusing to me as ive never had these issues before, (wasn't sure if it was due to my feeding schedule or heat) so washed  a tobasco, an aji cito and a pluma of its old soil mix and transplanted into the back garden, within 7 days the plants had turned green again and regrowth was explosive! some i had put in big glasshouse didn't do well at all(lost a few) so i put the salvageable plants in the ground and wooahw!!! off they went. Now in ground for around 5weeks. Amazed they bounced back really.

HURRICANE GITA!!!!-ex hurricane: holy smokes my green house blew away!!! its gone and everything in it is basically mulched. literally no track of my greenhouse apart from the base lol Pretty gutted however the wind cloth saved the outside chillies besides they were alot more sheltered from the unusual wind direction anyway. Moa is a survivor along with:
1xJonah
1x reaper
1xbutch t
5x devils brain
1x barrackpore
3x tobasco
3x takanotsume
2x Aji Cito- (i labelled aji lemon)
1x thai hot
1x asain fire

Long story short- The MOA is only just at the stage of spitting out it's first buds, usually i would pluck first lot but as its late in the season i will leave them hoping to at least get some fruit...

In other news..
The Aji Cito is the first plant to ripen a single pod, but have been eating them over the last week green since i've been back. yum! they are nice and fresh with a great crunch, citrus hints and a good punch (low tolerance).

Pictures speak words
Little aji cito ripens in the middle there.
20180222_1953401.jpg

Tabasco far right going for gold.
20180222_1954041.jpg

All that remains: see diagram below
20180222_2000451.jpg

Barackpore is the ?, aji lemon is actually an aji cito.
the far left 2 plants are overwintered left is a brainstrain red, left: douglah. the plant labeled "tsmb brown" is actually a pluma... gutted, maybe next time i will take more care in labeling :rolleyes:
see below the rough diagram for identification. excuse the lack of effort.
20180118_1805401.jpg

next two are the MOA front, and Jonah (back)
20180222_1959211.jpg

some plumas below:
20180222_1958121.jpg

Still a touch of yellow but an amazing turn around after all for the chinense half of the garden:
20180222_2001181.jpg

Fingers crossed for good growth and..  no more hurricanes.
Good luck.

SentencedToBurn said:
Yeah looks like could be them. Although the slight thinning at the end looks a bit different to what I'm normally used to.
could be nagas? i think you gave me some last year.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back