The Hottest Pepper

Make sure to warn your nephew prior to letting him eat one of those nasty chillis...giving an uninformed person one of those is definitely not cool!:crazy:

captainpepper said:
Make sure to warn your nephew prior to letting him eat one of those nasty chillis...giving an uninformed person one of those is definitely not cool!:crazy:
+1

CP is wise...

captainpepper said:

No no, I would not let someone eat something like that without warning. I am going to do like yall have said and let them work their way up.

I cant wait to make hot sauce and powders. I have been amending a ¼ acre just for the pepppers. I have compost piles that I let compost on a two year schedule. I took the tractor out there this morning and tilled (4foot 3point tiller) the areas this morning. With any luck I will be adding peppers to my market sales.

Peppermania has them also. They are all in a pack called the garden of fire (Under the Chinense section) They also have various other pepper seeds.

Link
www.peppermania.com

Direct link to Garden of fire seed pack
www.peppermania.com/chinense_8.html

Don't discount the Hippy seed company because they are not in the usa. Neil is a stand up guy, ships quickly and offers high quality stuff.

Link
http://thehippyseedcompany.com/

Good luck, and don't forget to do the curtousy taste too, just so everyone knows how hot they are. A sliver is a managable step.

Mjdtexan said:
No no, I would not let someone eat something like that without warning. I am going to do like yall have said and let them work their way up.

I cant wait to make hot sauce and powders. I have been amending a ¼ acre just for the pepppers. I have compost piles that I let compost on a two year schedule. I took the tractor out there this morning and tilled (4foot 3point tiller) the areas this morning. With any luck I will be adding peppers to my market sales.

Sounds cool looking forward to all those pictures!:hell:

Mjdtexan said:
Thats seems like a pretty good deal right there. ¿Que no?
Peppermania is a great source for seeds, but I think certain seeds should be obtained through certain people just so you'd get exactly what you want.

I agree that Your link is the best place to get bhuts since they developed it. After I saw he had purchased his seeds from tomato growers, I thought I'd point him twords a little better seed then that, and you already had NMSU covered.

Matt Berry said:
I agree that Your link is the best place to get bhuts since they developed it. After I saw he had purchased his seeds from tomato growers, I thought I'd point him twords a little better seed then that, and you already had NMSU covered.
They haven't developed it...

Omri said:
They haven't developed it...

I was just about to say that. It's developed itself :hell:
(cf. Paul W. Bosland and Jit B. Baral "‘Bhut Jolokia’—The World’s Hottest Known Chile Pepper is a Putative Naturally Occurring Interspecific Hybrid" in HORTSCIENCE (2007) p.222–224)

i would go for the bih jolokia or bhut jolokia or even the naga morich plus the Nasty Trinidad Scorpion all of them are mean and lovely

Sci said:
i would go for the bih jolokia or bhut jolokia or even the naga morich plus the Nasty Trinidad Scorpion all of them are mean and lovely

I am going to try all of them. I've been reading that the Bhut Jolokia is kinda hard to grow.

I noticed that some pepper growing discussions suggest not growing them in full sun. Is that right? I've been tilling and amending a ¼ acre plot for them but if I need to get under a tree or something I can start amending another plot. Any ideas?

Mjdtexan said:
I am going to try all of them. I've been reading that the Bhut Jolokia is kinda hard to grow.

I noticed that some pepper growing discussions suggest not growing them in full sun. Is that right? I've been tilling and amending a ¼ acre plot for them but if I need to get under a tree or something I can start amending another plot. Any ideas?

Full sun is best for the super hot C. Chinese types. Some other varieties do well in the shade.

Matt Berry said:
Peppermania has them also. They are all in a pack called the garden of fire (Under the Chinense section) They also have various other pepper seeds.

Link
www.peppermania.com

Direct link to Garden of fire seed pack
www.peppermania.com/chinense_8.html

Don't discount the Hippy seed company because they are not in the usa. Neil is a stand up guy, ships quickly and offers high quality stuff.

Link
http://thehippyseedcompany.com/

Good luck, and don't forget to do the curtousy taste too, just so everyone knows how hot they are. A sliver is a managable step.

Have you ordered from Pepper Mania? I like that package deal.

I am also thinking about bugging Omri about the yellow jallapenos.

I just received another order from peppermania just last week. I also have done seeds coming from the hippy seed company too. I like both of them along with pepergal.

Tomato growers is ok, but the seeds are not as good of quality. Rainbow chili seeds shipped quickly, but all the varietys I received seem to vary in pod color, they are what they are suppose to be, there just seems to be some possible crosses.

Matt Berry said:
I just received another order from peppermania just last week. I also have done seeds coming from the hippy seed company too. I like both of them along with pepergal.

Tomato growers is ok, but the seeds are not as good of quality. Rainbow chili seeds shipped quickly, but all the varietys I received seem to vary in pod color, they are what they are suppose to be, there just seems to be some possible crosses.
I am gonna order that package deal from Peppermania. I just got a catalog from Pepper Joe's Inc. He wants $8 for Ten Bhut Jolokia seeds. Wow.

Back