food The Last Great Pizza Thread

LOL! I just had some pizza dō thawing on the counter.

Then I saw your pizza B2B!
And put the dō back in the fridge.

I can't possibly throw a pie together during halftime, after seeing that pic of perfection!!!!

I'll try again tomorrow...with a bit more patience, creativity, and respect for the process! ;)

NOT clicking Like on that one, as I believe oregano has no place on a pizza. Just me. I know. But I like to taste tomatoes, not spaghetti sauce. And spices do that, especially oregano.

NOT clicking Like on that one, as I believe oregano has no place on a pizza. Just me. I know. But I like to taste tomatoes, not spaghetti sauce. And spices do that, especially oregano.
Not ideal...just a way to add a bit of flavor to some tasteless cheese. Won't have that problem with the good Grande mozz. :P

Going to try some all whole wheat formulations.

Exactly. It's a Greek thing. Italian flavors are cleaner on the palate. Oregano is one of those zesty herbs overused and thought to be used in Italian cooking. Probably because there is Italian Oregano in the store. And I believe jarred sauces may use it, why I said "spaghetti" sauce.

I wouldn't care so much but to me it ruins Italian cooking.

ahhhh... Jarred.

One of my favorite Enchilada Sauces has a metric crap-ton of Mexican Oregano.

but for some reason, it's not overpowering. first time I made it I was askeerd, but it's rich, spicy and buttery.

that makes sense ... some of my fav pizza comes from Greek restaurants ...

i like basil too, in fact, we grow out micro's of it w/ the mung's ...

Mexican oregano ain't the same as Italian oregano.

Its not even the same plant.

I find it milder but more savory than mediterranean oregano and use it liberally in Tex-Mex stuff.

I never use oregano when cooking Italian style.

Its funny but in Anchorage, AK all the Italian and pizza joints are run by Greeks.

And all of the Chinese joints are run by Koreans.

Just a little WTF? trivia for y'all.

Enjoy!

In LA, you can go to a Chinese restaurant, order a Taco, whilst listening to Hank Williams.

Probably in NYC too.

True Story.

Back