food The Last Great Pizza Thread

The color is perfect, in all the right spots. 

Awesome dude.

it doesnt say to rest it. I might next time.
I wanted to do it as-is for the first time. I'll play with it again, for sure!!

frydad4 said:
I promise on my throwdown crowns that this is legit! I'm not trolling with this post!!!

I don't know why this worked, but it is awesome!!!

I read this article a few days ago. Decided to give it a try. VERY glad I did!!!
2 ingredient pizza dough. 
Just Greek Yogurt and Self-Rising Flour. That's it. Knead for a few mins, roll it out, brush some olive oil on top, put on the toppings and bake for 10 mins. So easy. 

And the results are fantastic!! 
We like our pizza thin. So we rolled it out very thin, and it didn't resist at all. I use parchment to make transfer easier. We add seasonings to our crust. 

The crust had excellent chew and awesome flavor. I very highly recommend giving this a try. 
I recognize that this probably has nothing on the artisan stuff ESS and the other masters put on here, but I bet even they would be pleasantly surprised to see how quick, easy, and delicious this is!!

Had to take the pics on my phone. I'll be doing this again for sure. 
Here's the link to the recipe: 

https://www.yahoo.com/food/two-ingredient-pizza-dough-and-two-easy-pizza-recipes-100002596796.html

14925710023_644001d546_b.jpg

15543207981_a6c11b651a_b.jpg

15359876427_0ef511a0c5_b.jpg

FD
Awesome! Looks incredible!

Jesus Palomino Fiddy!

That looks hot blue & righteous just like you always do.

Inquiring minds want to know....

What kine' o yogurt, and how much to how much to SRF?

How long did it rest before rolling out?

I want this!!!

I'm still in awe over it.

Please also tell... pizza stone? Electric or gas oven? Temp/time?

It looks so good I just want to know all the details. Look at that coloring on the crust, but just at the very edge and bottom. Perfect!

The link to the recipe is on my post, if you care to read the words of a food blogger...

It called for 1 Cup of Greek Yogurt and 1 to 1 1/2 cups Self Rising Flour (I used King Arthur). 
I doubled the recipe. 
Mix in a bowl until combined, and then knead on a well floured surface for 8-10 minutes. 
I did the kneading by hand. 
I rolled it quite thin and brushed the top with olive oil (the directions called for the olive oil brushing on top). Then put sauce and toppings and baked in an electric oven at 450 for about 10 mins on a pizza stone on the bottom rack. 

I wonder what would happen if you let it rest. I did it rest-free and it came out great. I am most impressed with how chewy the crust was.
Someone else give this a try and post the results here. 

I really want someone else make that pizza to validate my results. 

You HAVE to follow the recipe the first time, though. I'm sure it's important that the flour is self-rising, and the yogurt is Greek. 

Someone else do it!!! It's so good!!! I'll be making it again for family on Saturday (probably no pics). 

cypresshill1973 said:

Never would have thought to weigh dough with yogurt. Anyway it makes sense, lactobacillus is somehow a yeast. 

The dough rest before stretching?

next time ill rest it. 
Whatever makes the flour "Self-Rising" helped too, I'm sure

If you proof it in a ball and then roll it out it adds to chew and airiness no matter how thin it is after, but try it, and then keep whichever one tasted better. Sometimes it you don't proof it can be dense. If it wasn't then you're good.

Since everyone keeps mentioning resting it.

frydad4 said:
I promise on my throwdown crowns that this is legit! I'm not trolling with this post!!!
That looks very nice!
I'm not convinced at all about yeast quantity (i have hard time to understand the correct quantity, it was also adviced 1,5 tsp baking powder = 7,5ml for 1,5 cups of flour = 375 ml... I don't konw weight of that nor baking powder usage quantities), timing and temps (but pizza stone is a plus so temps are "more true"), but if it's good who cares? :D
A similar experiment would be with mozz liquid.
I'd like to try that, i just don't know when since i have at least other 2 experiment on queue for pizza! :D

Garretts Bitch said:
Instructions unclear....
Vegetable carbon pizza?
pizza-nera-960x639.jpg

http://www.scattidigusto.it/2014/09/26/impasto-pizza-nera/
:party:

frydad4 said:
I really want someone else make that pizza to validate my results. 

You HAVE to follow the recipe the first time, though. I'm sure it's important that the flour is self-rising, and the yogurt is Greek. 

Someone else do it!!! It's so good!!! I'll be making it again for family on Saturday (probably no pics). 

I'll give it a crack per recipe ... and try it on the stone, on the Weber ...

Cheers!

PS - I can confirm this hack, sharing is caring!

http://www.omnomicon.com/ice-cream-cake

Tried the 2 ingredient dough, not bad at all, very surprised. Tasty, chewy and puffy. Only thing is that the base cooks super quick compared to my normal doughs in the wood fired oven. I think some little tweaks and this is a great recipe

Booma said:
Only thing is that the base cooks super quick compared to my normal doughs in the wood fired oven.
No wonder here since 10 minutes at 450F seems not much (but baking stone should help that comparing to standard baking try).
Curious to see that, i could even make that before other experiments since that one it's not time demanding.
Maybe it's why it's more dry than normal dough?

Back