food The Last Great Pizza Thread

Thanks grant!;) 

The Hot Pepper said:
Nice melt.

Nice oil crust.
Thanks, main of colour is due to tomato. Btw was quite an oiled dough (and since oil was good, evo from Puglia, good the taste).

I'll have to try an olive oil crust, one of my favorite breads is stecca.

(The olive oil and sea salt crusted "stick" bread. You have had?)

It is most excellent with grilled sausage!!!!!!!!!!!

It's airier than ciabatta inside and the crust is darker. It is soft and the oil seeps in so it is rich for about an 1/8" then it becomes airy. Great stuff.

The Hot Pepper said:
It's airier than ciabatta inside and the crust is darker. It is soft and the oil seeps in so it is rich for about an 1/8" then it becomes airy. Great stuff.
I bet that, my "awesome" ciabatta, the one i buy at my nearest market, is darker and more airy than a regular ciabatta and is maybe the bread i like best.

Yeah! I hate dense ciabatta but I find that usually happens with age. Gotta get it fresh and it is pillowy soft. In the supermarket bins, it is way too late. Like a bagel. At 4 pm they are stale when made in the am.

iHAw3pgJgR9hH.jpg

I would "sicman" that so bad. "sicman"=to roll around on food naked.

Dude this is heaven to me.
iWvZADb48RMST.jpg

SG you are a fine artist of the pie. i would love to travel to your castle to roam the land,eat pie and hunt woman.

sicman said:
SG you are a fine artist of the pie. i would love to travel to your castle to roam the land,eat pie and hunt woman.
Thanks Sic!
cypresshill1973 said:
As described the flavor as fresh mozz on pizza?
It was good. But the "problem" is that has been cooked in a different manner so i can't really compare. Other times i put all at once in the beginning. Now later and with grill and surely is better for mozz.
So mozz was really stronger in taste.
It's an ok mozz, a buffalo mozz has better flavour. Suprisingly that is not too dry and that's good. The funny thing is that just after being mad that mozz were somewhat plastic, gum, in consistence. the day after a bit less.
Btw taste is stronger that other mozz, i don't know why taste is less milky (and that's not a good thing for me) but maybe is that mozz in particular...
I'm pretty sure that producer is good since other cheese are great (in particular a type of fresh "Asiago-like" is better than original Asiago and is one of the best melt cheese i've ever had, and also aged ones are very good).
For sure i'll do my next pizzas with that mozz, i wanna see on round ones (cooked faster) how it turns out, that will be a good test.

Well... I think you should search best point of cooking. 

As for taste... It is similar to the traditional flavor of mozz? 

Or ends bland without much flavor, as we are accustomed. The photo gives impression of port salut flavor or similar chesse for breakfast

cypresshill1973 said:
Well... I think you should search best point of cooking. 

As for taste... It is similar to the traditional flavor of mozz? 

Or ends bland without much flavor, as we are accustomed. The photo gives impression of port salut flavor or similar chesse for breakfast
I don't know that cheese.
Flavour was not bland by any means... I suppose, maybe being wrong, that those mozz are not very fat... Some mozz at market are fatter, when you cut them they leave a butter like layer on knife. And if cooked well taste is excellent. Here to tell the truth i can't say taste is better or worse than this (but i consider those market mozz very good), just different, i have the impression that they're just different tasting on their own. Of course it tastes mozz btw.
I believe that cooking mozz with grill for 3 mins is better than 15 mins with normal oven function, in the second case it burns easily.
Mozz itself doesn't need to be melt badly, if you see verace pizza they barely melt mozz (and those guys put quality and execution above everything else, but there are also other temps...).

Here we came to stand in salted milk mozz. This time I put more salt and the result was better. The acquired[SIZE=14.3999996185303px] [/SIZE][SIZE=14.3999996185303px]cheese[/SIZE] more intense flavor and was a bit salty, but incredibly tasty. 

This time I knead. I could make a thinner, crispy dough, this is the body type to look for.

Tomato slices, green and black olives, parmesano, garlic, crushed yellow rocoto and fresh basil.

2014-10-25%252022.31.50.jpg

2014-10-25%252022.32.39.jpg

2014-10-25%252022.34.34.jpg

2014-10-25%252022.38.34.jpg

Will be the last time I promise to do my pizza this way ... It's a promise. 
Eating too much and then regret. Always eat 2 or 3 servings ... Today I just ate 5 servings and my stomach hurts.

cypresshill1973 said:

Here we came to stand in salted milk mozz. This time I put more salt and the result was better. The acquired[SIZE=14.3999996185303px] [/SIZE][SIZE=14.3999996185303px]cheese[/SIZE] more intense flavor and was a bit salty, but incredibly tasty. 

This time I knead. I could make a thinner, crispy dough, this is the body type to look for.

Tomato slices, green and black olives, parmesano, garlic, crushed yellow rocoto and fresh basil.

Will be the last time I promise to do my pizza this way ... It's a promise. 
Eating too much and then regret. Always eat 2 or 3 servings ... Today I just ate 5 servings and my stomach hurts.

Looks good! And i want rocotos! I just hope new flowers will tranform in pods and not just fall as others...
Just a thing, crust seems too white, just to know, what temps/times of cooking? Details on dough? :P

The rocotos were purchased. My plants are starting to bloom yet. It is the first time that bloom so early. I guess that's the high temperatures this year. Today we had 33 ° (92 ° F) Unusual on this date. All week was hot. 

For the dough I used 0000 flour, yeast, butter, salt and water. Way too hot to turn on the oven, so the cook in the electric convector [SIZE=14.3999996185303px]oven,[/SIZE][SIZE=14.3999996185303px] [/SIZE]has gone so unburned. Not powerful but very good cook pizzas.  Not having burned crust, but even so it was fine.

There's always a time for some home made dough.....there's also the special moment when you use a wild starter that's at its peak.

Running the San Marzano's through the mill, adding a few herbs, spices and cheese can turn a raw sauce into a delight.

Combine the active dough with the sauce...some fresh Motz.......bake it outdoors and share it while sitting by the fire pit on a cold night.............can't ask for much more besides a cold one !

Bacon and onion pizza rules. And caramelized is the way.

FB knows!

A joint downtown serves bacon and onion pizza and their house hot sauce is Cholula. Trust, when I say, sauce that baby up with it after it comes out. Divine! LOL.

Oh yeah. Where da heat?

The Hot Pepper said:
Bacon and onion pizza rules. And caramelized is the way.

FB knows!

A joint downtown serves bacon and onion pizza and their house hot sauce is Cholula. Trust, when I say, sauce that baby up with it after it comes out. Divine! LOL.

Oh yeah. Where da heat?
Thank you sir. The heat came from the sauce. I took some squash a variety called jester, some of my yellow/orange manzano's, fresh garlic and roasted them all up and made a puree adding a little evo. then added some fresh herbs.  My manzano's are pretty dang hot but super flavorful 

Back