• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest The Next Throwdown is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
JayT said:
Oh an boss, I am SOOOO taking your bet. The plans on the BGE are coming together. I am aiming for March. I plan on getting the Egg and building a stand for it with my dad's help. He is retired and an excellent wood worker. He would love the project and it would save me the $600 they charge for theirs. 

Cool on ya to have a father/son project and all, but I wonder if a BGE doesn't deserve a masonry-type base, made by Mr. Im A. Mason himself. You do such good brickwork - we've seen pics!  ;)

Chile Juju said:
So many good cooking Holidays all crammed together...SuperBowl, Chinese New Year, and Mardi Gras! That's 3 days of major cooking!!!! :)

The Hot Pepper said:
Damn Jay is gonna have to stuff a sausage in a Chinese poor boy!
:rofl: reading sober hahahahahahahaahha!!!!! I kill me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

geeme said:
Cool on ya to have a father/son project and all, but I wonder if a BGE doesn't deserve a masonry-type base, made by Mr. Im A. Mason himself. You do such good brickwork - we've seen pics!  ;)
Yeah, that would be cool and all, but then I have to put it in the back yard, dig, pour a footer, and build the damn thing. Much easier to set it on my deck with a wooden table.

I myself would never put it in the center. Between the prep area and the sink? No. Heed my advice Mr.T!

image.jpeg

Probably. I am guessing it's home built, not an item you can buy "off the shelf" lol. Google 'Big Green Egg Table' > images. There's some pretty cool shit out there. I just wanted to point out to Jay what NOT to do.

As for you bossman, your kitchen is the same way...
Never put your kitchen sink in the same room as the toilet. Just an FYI. You're welcome.

Scovie don't waste the googling time, he'll be making pulled pork on the BGE when pigs fly.................................

Scoville DeVille said:
Probably. I am guessing it's home built, not an item you can buy "off the shelf" lol. Google 'Big Green Egg Table' > images. There's some pretty cool shit out there. I just wanted to point out to Jay what NOT to do.
As for you bossman, your kitchen is the same way...
Never put your kitchen sink in the same room as the toilet. Just an FYI. You're welcome.
I want something similar, but for my WSM. The sink is a nice touch, I would be fine without the sink.

:Rofl:

I personally don't see the draw of those things. I like more space. That's too much $$$ for an area the size of a pizza. LOL

tctenten said:
I want something similar, but for my WSM. The sink is a nice touch, I would be fine without the sink.
Build something! The sink could just connect to a garden hose for rinsing your hands off. Simple!

I was thinking something along the lines of this:

cobeyegg1.jpg

Geeme wants me to build this:

images (6).jpg

if I am going to do that, be assured that there will be a proper brick oven for pizzas. One thing at a time. I don't have 7K to put into this project atm. I am going to buy the egg and a new truck this year.

Actually, that is much larger than what I had in mind. I was just thinking of a stand, no table surface. But I like your thinking better.

Looks like wasted yard space to me, but okay when you have a shoebox yard, that matters.

But what is this for? Prep work (chopping/dicing)? Or just setting food down on it before you place on grill (maybe rub it there)?

For prep I use the outdoor table. Bring a cutting board outside. Major prep can be done inside.

To set things down on before adding to grill how about some side shelves?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back