contest The Next Throwdown is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
tctenten said:
This is very similar to listening to Italians talking about their Sunday sauce. Meat or no meat. In my experience when they are done right, both are very good.

Hey...don't get me wrong....I LOVE sausage and bacon with my biscuits and gravy! Hell, I'd carry a pocket full of fried breakfast meats around with me in my pocket if it didn't attract every dog in the county. I'd even go as far as to say I'd crumble it up as a topping.

....but when it's cooked in as an ingredient, it does something to the end product that really puts me off. It just tastes oily and.....well.....cheap.....kind of like something you'd buy at McDonalds or Hardees. 

I think one of you should come here and make me breakfast.....you know.....to sway my opinion! :)

Damn we still on this today?????

The TD is Mexican... didn't realize this was more heated than beans or no beans lol. But let's talk Mexican in here.

paulky_2000 said:

Hey...don't get me wrong....I LOVE sausage and bacon with my biscuits and gravy! Hell, I'd carry a pocket full of fried breakfast meats around with me in my pocket if it didn't attract every dog in the county. I'd even go as far as to say I'd crumble it up as a topping.

....but when it's cooked in as an ingredient, it does something to the end product that really puts me off. It just tastes oily and.....well.....cheap.....kind of like something you'd buy at McDonalds or Hardees. 

I think one of you should come here and make me breakfast.....you know.....to sway my opinion! :)

Okay with sausage gravy you make a roux from the pork fat (from cooking bulk sausage) and add the drained sausage in, heavily patted and dry, otherwise, you have unincorporated oil, and that grease that clings to your tongue taste, that you are talking about. You should not add oily sausage imo.

And use GOOD sausage from the butcher, like hot Italian. Not box breakfast sausage.

==============

Mexican TD NOW. sorry! :eek:

(or gravy tacos)

paulky_2000 said:

Sausage gravy is nasty.

It's used to hide the fact that you don't know how to make gravy.

I dont even know how to respond to this in an amicable manner

how the fuck can you not like sausage gravy, I mean I didn't even know that was a thing, not liking sausage gravy, seriously, how is that even possible

are you a heathen?

do you not like to eat food?

you are a soy milk and tofu fan arent you?
speaking of mexican

fish tacos all up in this piece!!!!

The Hot Pepper said:
If we have a TD it will be called Biscuits and Crazy.

We must! Something has to finally get me to try some ...

I even put together a little Contest for them to get ideas, and even that couldn't get me to do it somehow ...

One of those mental blocks ...
PS - I'm a sleeper on this TD, if I can get my ass in gear ...

wheebz said:

how the f**k can you not like sausage gravy

For the reasons I've stated.....

...did I sutter?

To me...it's just like the fools that think beans go in chili....

....but that's another thread! ;)

Mexican ON!!

P.S. For the record...I make my biscuit gravy with BACON fat, flour.....whole milk, S&P. Simple, delicious....and needs no other embellishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back