• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics The Post Your Seedling Pics Thread

Please excuse my picture and setup, I'm still an amature :)

babies.jpg

Some super hots ready for transplanting into individual pots 

Transplanted

swaybelly said:
swaybelly said:
Please excuse my picture and setup, I'm still an amature  :)

babies.jpg
No need for excuses bro. Newbees to pros on THP forum. Always ready to help. Your seedlings look fine in their infancy. 3- 4 months from now they'll be monsters!

NuMex Vaquero that just popped this morning.
IMG_0211_zpsysm2g0ui.jpg

I swear this guy was a hook not more than 20 minutes ago. They sure like all that direct sunlight they get in my secondary grow station!

Chiltepin / Reaper F1 after one week above ground and 12/12 T5 lighting.
hpRq73X.jpg

One of it's siblings just starting to show, was planted a week ago in petri dish magnified 200x.

yMMN5KX.jpg

Here's what I've got growing:

My first

The next

Now

And my lame set up

I have always bought from CCN.  Decided to try seeds this year.  

What I can't find here is a basic plan for seedlings.  Would love it if there was something to be pinned.  Example - I keep reading about "true leaves"  I'm not sure what they are.  When to start with ferts?  When to replant into solos?

Just basic info would be useful that is easy to access.  Links would also help.

Thanks, as always,
Alison

Also,  first 2 are Chupetonos, single is Red brain and have a Tiny tobacco about to burst.

I'm using the Walmart work lights as are pictured above, I have four of them centered over my hobby table, they seem to be doing what I want them to.

swaybelly said:
I'm using the Walmart work lights as are pictured above, I have four of them centered over my hobby table, they seem to be doing what I want them to.
I have 3 adapters which lets me put 4 cfl's in that fixture. I use that side for the newly sprouted seedlings. I keep the older ones off to the right with the Hps/Mh.
Cfl's work great anyhow!

Lovepeppers said:
I have 3 adapters which lets me put 4 cfl's in that fixture. I use that side for the newly sprouted seedlings. I keep the older ones off to the right with the Hps/Mh.
Cfl's work great anyhow!

Do you have a link to the three-way adapter you are using? I tried using a generic one but there wasn't enough room in the fixture. Maybe I can get a pic up in your fixture? Right now I'm just using a single CFI in each drop/work light fixture.

Mostly Scorpions. 5 Brazilian Ghost Peppers on the far right side. Got some 'maters in there, too. Under 8 four-foot t5s.

112a3qa.jpg

1zwffjo.jpg

swaybelly said:

Do you have a link to the three-way adapter you are using? I tried using a generic one but there wasn't enough room in the fixture. Maybe I can get a pic up in your fixture? Right now I'm just using a single CFI in each drop/work light fixture.
About 8 years ago walmart carried a smaller Y splitter that allowed the 3 splitters to barely fit the 12" clamp fixture. They were a off white (yellowish cream color). The ones at lowest would not fit as they are a tad bigger. I don't know if walmart carries them anymore.

What would work even better and you could get 6 to 8 lights is, get a surge protector, 3 or 4 Y adapters, 3 or 4 outlet to socket like these: http://m.homedepot.com/p/Leviton-White-Outlet-to-Socket-Light-Plug-R52-00061-00W/100170446?MERCH=REC-_-mobileweb_pip_rr-2-_-203468259-_-100170446-_-N , and 1 or 2 metal coat hangers to make it reflect four light.

I have seen people rig this up with success.

These are all my annums.  Looks like I have a lot of potting up to do.  All my extra's I give away to my coworker who has a big garden.

I have promised myself that these are the last of the peppers that I am starting for this year... so here are a handful more seedlings:

seedling3_zpsowe00zg5.jpg

Back