• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics The Post Your Seedling Pics Thread

Seedlings are coming along quite well. Ferts are kicking in and the leaves are really coloring up. Lot of difference already from Saturday
image.jpg

And now today
image.jpg

I'm hoping I have time to till up the garden plot and get some compost mixed in. I can't wait till plant out.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-EyVq3Phdrec/VQtun-H4bUI/AAAAAAAAAQc/q6nSaXB1aek/w958-h539-no/20150318_225721.jpg

My first hot pepper grow. I also started some tomatoes and basil. I had some issues germinating seeds from pepper joe's directly in happy frog and perlite (50% germination rate). I got a sapporo, reaper, red moruga, bhut jolokia, naga viper, and the butch T had helmet head so I will try again for that. This time I'm going to try a seed tray with promix bx on a seedling mat. Before I was putting them directly into solo cups with a sandwich bag over it to keep it humid. I do have some Vietnamese varieties that I'm guessing are a black cobra (hairy/fuzzy plant) and the other i'm not sure. I got these from my Dad which germinated in less than a week, I'm guessing that they were fresh seeds because I got 100% germination with my solo cup method.

Back