The Primo HPLC Testing Thread...By The Ghost Pepper Store

Would they give you a high, avg, and low range on the testing done? May use them, just want to know if they give you a full report like that. :)

standbyandfire said:
Would they give you a high, avg, and low range on the testing done? May use them, just want to know if they give you a full report like that. :)

I imagine, if you wanted to test a set of individual pods, then yes. Of course they might only give you the results from each sample and tell you to do your own statistical analysis, either way, it wouldn't be too difficult in my opinion. If I remember correctly, that is how Jim Duffy's tests were done when he compared the Moruga against the 4 or 5 other varieties. That is how he ended up with one pod that was over 2 million and another that was less than a million.

Mike at SBL is a really easy guy to work with, I am sure he would do whatever you need, it might get pretty costly though at $50/test.

theghostpepperstore said:
Thanks everyone! I am very glad to be a part of this. Hopefully we see even higher numbers from Baker's Peppers soon. As far as I am concerned, all congratulations should be directed to Primo, all I did was what I love to do, grow peppers.
Thanks Brian, Dale, and everyone at THP.  Brian, I do think you need some congrats on this one!  You purchased seed, propigated, grew out, and actually took the time to send off pods for testing.  I thank you and owe you some free seed this year and some pepper jelly.  I think that was the deal.  Share accolades, free seed, and some of Kara's fab Farmer's Daughter Blonde. ha  Dale, let's see what we can bring next.  I'm hoping you can squeeze a few thousand more.  Rock on!  Primo

theghostpepperstore said:

I imagine, if you wanted to test a set of individual pods, then yes. Of course they might only give you the results from each sample and tell you to do your own statistical analysis, either way, it wouldn't be too difficult in my opinion. If I remember correctly, that is how Jim Duffy's tests were done when he compared the Moruga against the 4 or 5 other varieties. That is how he ended up with one pod that was over 2 million and another that was less than a million.

I just wanted to correct this statement. In the testing done where the Moruga scored over 2,000,000 the sampling was done in a similar way, multiple pods, ground together, not individual pods. There were many samples taken and tested and the average of all the "averaged" samples was ~1.2 million. I had to go back and re-read the article for myself.

standbyandfire said:
How many samples did they test of yours?

Just the one sample from me, but Primo already had some tests done and is having some more done soon, I believe. Dale Baker is also having his Primos tested soon. This will eventually lead to multiple results from multiple growing conditions and some statistical analysis (High, Low, Mean).

LOOK !!!!! what I got in the mail today from the ghostpepperstore for being the closest guess, mmm mmm good. 1# yellow ghost peppers, 1/4# of fatallis, 4oz regular & 4oz of smoked ghost pepper powder, the Primo seeds are coming later when ready. THANKS AGAIN BRIAN!!!!!!!!  They will be put to good use.

Back