• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

"The Scovie Chronic-le"

The Hot Pepper said:
Too bad your pot soon go bye bye.

Washington state has collected over $538,569,420 in sales and excise taxes.   They're prettying much telling the feds to f#@k off.

IMG_1288.JPG

t0mato said:
I'm glad you're bring the "S" back scovie.  How cold is it up there now? 
It's warming up a little. 9° in the morning 40° highs. We still have 2' of fucking snow tho. CJ looked it up, last year, today, Robins showed up and Bulbs were pushing up out of the ground. We are a loooooong ways from that shit. Oh well, it will be 105° before I know it and bitching about that. LOL ....in my pool. Ha!

Huge props to my buddy Thor Johnson who came in 369th out of 1,753 who completed it.

His time was 18:32

that's a lot of friggen stairs in full gear in 18 minutes... 788 vertical elevation.

IMG_1356.JPG

The Scott Firefighter Stairclimb

At 788 feet of vertical elevation, the Columbia Center in downtown Seattle stands as the second tallest building west of the Mississippi. It takes 69 floors of stairs and 1,356 steps to reach the highly acclaimed observation deck overlooking the city. The Scott Firefighter Stairclimb supports the mission of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, raising money through sponsorships, individual and department fundraising, and entry fees. The Scott Firefighter Stairclimb is the Leukemia & Lymphoma Societys annual fundraiser open solely to firefighters and completed in full structural firefighting gear and on air. In 2016, the event featured over 1,900 firefighters from over 330 different departments and 5 different countries and brought in a record $2.3 million dollars for blood-cancer research and patient services. While completing the climb is a physical triumph in itself, it is also symbolic of, but pales in comparison to, the strenuous journey that all cancer patients endure. As firefighters race to the top of Seattles tallest building, they keep in mind that every step forward is symbolic of moving towards finding a cure for all those battling a blood cancer.

To date, LLS has invested over $1 billion to develop cancer therapies and advance the production and application of many drug treatments. Now in its 26th year, this event has raised over $12 million for LLS. We are continually astounded by the passion this particular community brings to this campaign, and are excited to aim for our 2017 fundraising goal of $2.5 million!

That is FRIGGIN AWESOME for THOR!!!!  

Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

one of our Methow tradespersons and a firefighter.   I'm not sure how these are related, but the Chilehead community has supported Jim Campbell's StepUpForCharity for years.   BRB---

----The LLS seems to be the same link, and with firefighters....  So glad to see this.  We've supported Jim Campbell (one of the first pepper websites as Jim's Mild To Wild Peppers and Herbs) through pepper purchases since 2001 and support of the StepUp charity.  The Fluffy Bunny fund raiser a few years ago raised about $1300 for StepUp which supports the same organization that Thor just ran for. 

Lovin' it~

NICE!  thanks for posting, I'll be following~  wonder if the MVN would do a spot.... :eh: 

Back